Grunfeld ceremony fantastic

fergie

It is always a thrill to see Ernie G and Bernard King on the same floor. What great players! It was also a fitting tribute to one of the greatest eras in the SEC. Interesting that Grunfeld mentioned how they hated to lose. That seems to be missing in sports in general, but I hope it will be an attitude this basketball team will adopt in the tournament. John Ward looked great and got a wonderful ovation. Great day for the Big Orange.

It was a very cool moment. I especially enjoyed watching the camaraderie between Ernie and Bernie. A good time to have the best center court seats I've ever had!

It looked like they left after the half. Did they go to a box for the rest of the game or bounce?

I could be wrong though, maybe I was looking at the wrong seats.

can be seen at utsports.com if you missed it (like I did)

1_ernie_g.jpg

1_ernie.jpg

Kesling's critics got some ammunition today when he was stumbling reading over Grunfeld's introduction. :ermm:

Bob Kesling is a pox on UT Athletics. I wish he would retire or get fired. Hey, I can dream, right?

I've never understood the raw hatred that many people feel for Kesling, but today was not one of his better days and really, I'm surprsied no one else has mentioned it. Or have they?

It looked like they left after the half. Did they go to a box for the rest of the game or bounce?

I could be wrong though, maybe I was looking at the wrong seats.

I know Ernie didn't leave. I could see his wife and daughter standing with their hands clinched together while Ramar bricked that free throw at the end of the game. Ernie was sitting next to them. His daughter was pretty hot! :good!:

I've never understood the raw hatred that many people feel for Kesling, but today was not one of his better days and really, I'm surprsied no one else has mentioned it. Or have they?
It's not really a hatred for me. He's like a splinter buried under your skin, and just when you think it can't go any deeper and irritate you further, it does.

Fundamentally I hate incompetence in all areas of life. Bob is incompetent at his craft.

What happened today? Of course, I didn't hear his commentary.
I watched his bungling of Ernie's introduction on the UTSports.com highlights.

I don't know why they didn't let John Ward just do the honors. Maybe Kesling then could have taken notes.

Yeah, Kesling sort of flubbed his way through the introduction .... couldn't really pronounce anybody's name (which is crazy, because it's not like he didn't know he was going to be up there doing it). Seemed unprepared.

Having Bernard King back at Tennessee games is almost cooler than our on-the-court success. It's right up there.

They were both sitting behind the bench the whole time. That's where Allan Houston was too. I noticed him really early in the game over there and was wondering why they didn't announce him being there but they eventually got around to it. I really enjoyed the ceremony too. I think it's really cool seeing Ernie and Bernie together again.

I wonder why they didn't put Ernie's banner next to Bernie's. I think they should be together.

Yeah, Kesling sort of flubbed his way through the introduction .... couldn't really pronounce anybody's name (which is crazy, because it's not like he didn't know he was going to be up there doing it). Seemed unprepared.

Maybe Sunday games at noon aren't his gig, either?

I was really hoping that Ernie's halftime speech would have us fired up for the second half. . . .but, then again, I'm sure the team wasn't listening. I have no idea what the crowd's excuse is.

Maybe Sunday games at noon aren't his gig, either?

You know ... this is going to sound absurd (and I think I'll go bang my head against the wall 23 times after I type this), but Mickey Dearstone is a better play-by-play guy than Kesling. He's actually pretty good at it.

That's about all he's pretty good at. I can't stand his takes on that morning show ....

Bob Kesling is a pox on UT Athletics. I wish he would retire or get fired. Hey, I can dream, right?
i also thought he did a bad job; however, I realized about 2 minutes into the intro that the audio was screwed up in in the arena. He was speaking and it sounded like he was stumbling, but it was just the bad audio feed.

VN Store

Back