GT - Why cut block?

I know people get called for targeting when there was no targeting, it happened a few years back with our safety. But what you are saying is, if someone does you dirty you can do it back? So maybe the UGA guy that got chop blocked from 2012 did something to our OL dirty and we were just getting him back. By your standard that's perfectly ok.....

Strawman 101. I'll type slower for you. Targeting is a judgement call. Game is fast and officials get calls wrong. Trying to use such in your childish "well you guys do this" argument is misdirection in gaseous form.

I think that all this concern stems from the fact that we are thin at DL and a couple of the guys that we're counting on are coming off or currently nursing injuries. I think Vols fans are concerned that a couple of questionable blocks could eliminate any serious shot at finishing first in our division. Throw in the blocking scheme and the past complaints from opposing coaches and it becomes a point of obsession. I think it's a red herring. I watched Tech play Mercer last year and I don't recall a bunch of bad blocks. I think the Jackets only had one penalty the entire game.

I think the bottom line is that, like many teams that play Tech, the Vols have better athletes. Offsetting the talent advantage is precisely the reason that Johnson uses an unconventional scheme. If the Vols defense can stick to their assignments and the offense can execute they will win.

Strawman 101. I'll type slower for you. Targeting is a judgement call. Game is fast and officials get calls wrong. Trying to use such in your childish "well you guys do this" argument is misdirection in gaseous form.

Yep, game is so fast so how would an OG see a center and NT locked up when he's not looking at the center. Thanks for clearing that up.......

But you are right UT has never done anything wrong, every team is dirty but UT lol. Excuses excuses

You win.

It doesn't matter where his head was, his body hit Tuttle in the back not the front, go back and watch it. If he hit him across the front it would have been a cut block, across the back is a clip. Idc if UGA fans say it was a dirty CUT, they obviously don't know the difference between a cut and a clip. And show me where GT is dirty with their CUT blocks, I would think you could find a video where we injured someone from a CUT block if we were so dirty.

Here's a picture for proof that Tuttle was hit on his back left leg (clip) and not across the front (cut)

It's kinda hard to argue fact.....

By seeing the screenshot and not just the video, this is not a clip. I can see the entire back of Tuttles leg so he is on the side.

However, it's an illegal CUT BLOCK because it's outside of the tackle box.

Yep, game is so fast so how would an OG see a center and NT locked up when he's not looking at the center. Thanks for clearing that up.......

But you are right UT has never done anything wrong, every team is dirty but UT lol. Excuses excuses

You win.
It's not moving to fast for your OG to see. When the ball is snapped they know the play calls for them to dive to the right at the DL knees out of their 3 point stance.

Nice try though.

Reactions: 1 person

You win.

Reading is one thing...understanding the other. There are programs. :good!:

VN Store

Back