Guesses on who lands remaining UT targets

therickbol

What the heck. Lets see how close I can get 1 month from Signing Day. Some are surprises, some are not. This would give us 25 scholarships players that count towards this years class. 2 nonqualifiers and 4 coming in January that count towards last years class.

Lennon Creer- UT
Roderick Davis- Ole Miss (we wont take)
Dwight Jones- UNC
Terrance Tolliver- LSU
Kourtnei Brown- Alabama
Miguel Chavis- UGA
Carlos Dunlap- UT
Rae Sykes- JUCO
Sidell Corley- UF
William Brimfield- UT (checkmark)
Chris Perry- Nebraska (checkmark)
Marvin Austin- FSU
Jourdan Brooks- Illinois (we wont take)
Nevin Mckenzie- Louisville, in light of Petrino departure, UT
Michael McNeil- Alabama
Morgan Burnett- GT (checkmark)
Stefan Francois- LSU
Darnius Moore- UT
Brandon Paul- FSU
Ryan Broyles- UT (Oklahoma State, was suppose to be my surprise pick)
Tarence Farmer- Oklahoma State (we wont take)
Gerald Williams- nonqualifier
Dennis Rogan- nonqualifier

Broyles isn't even visiting us. I highly doubt we land him.

Lennon Creer- UT
Roderick Davis- Ole Miss
Dwight Jones- UNC
Terrance Tolliver- LSU
Kourtnei Brown- Alabama
Miguel Chavis- UGA
Carlos Dunlap- South Carolina
Rae Sykes- JUCO
Sidell Corley- Alabama
William Brimfield- UT
Chris Perry- UT
Marvin Austin- FSU
Jourdan Brooks- Illinois/?
Nevin Mckenzie- UT
Michael McNeil- Alabama
Morgan Burnett- GT
Stefan Francois- LSU
Darnius Moore- UT
Brandon Paul- FSU
Ryan Broyles- Oklahoma State
Tarence Farmer- Oklahoma State
Dennis Rogan- nonqualifier

And 5 will be counted towards last year's class. I want to believe that we land Dunlap and Austin, I just don't see it happening.

Here's my uneducated guesses:

Lennon Creer- Oklahoma
Roderick Davis- Ole Miss
Dwight Jones- UT
Terrance Tolliver- UF
Kourtnei Brown- Bama
Miguel Chavis- UGA
Carlos Dunlap- South Carolina
Rae Skyes- JUCO (eventually FSU)
Sidell Corley- UF
William Brimfield- UT
Chris Perry- UT
Michael McNeil- Bama
Morgan Burnett- UT
Stefan Francois- LSU
Darnius Moore- Oklahoma
Brandon Paul- FSU

I have two questions:

1. Why does Dunlop want SC considering they have got 2 high 4-star DE?
2. Do we really need 4 DT? I wish we could save at least one of them for a 6-6, 300 DT next year.

1. Instate and I've heard that is where his dad wants him to go.
2. DT is one of our biggest needs in this class and we aren't exactly recruiting scrubs. We won't turn down a top DT prospect next year(probably sign 1-2 next year).

I've seen his weight listed from 285-310. O, and no DT we could land next year is as good as Marvin Austin. Perry is the last one we take(and only if we don't land Austin and Brimfield). He isn't exactly horrible.

OK, let him get roted in SC when ben Martin flourishes at UT.
:)

Correct me if I was wrong
Brimfield looks too young, and Perry looks (quietly: not smart enough to play DT)

I will take Brimfield over Perry. Hope his underrated profile will help him out at UT.

2. DT is one of our biggest needs in this class and we aren't exactly recruiting scrubs. We won't turn down a top DT prospect next year(probably sign 1-2 next year).

His father is also a South Carolina Grad

Brimfield is 3* right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at 4*. Melancon and Langley are already both 4* and moving up. Austin is obviously 5*. Perry is 3* and may move up a little but not to 4*. He was committed to Miami which means he must be pretty good(and likely not too dumb).

The latest I heard was that Broyles was certainly still considering us and that he was visiting on the 19th. I think he might fill that last DB slot because I fear we are not going to get any of those 3 safeties that we want.

Brimfield is 3* right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at 4*. Melancon and Langley are already both 4* and moving up. Austin is obviously 5*. Perry is 3* and may move up a little but not to 4*. He was committed to Miami which means he must be pretty good(and likely not too dumb).

I'm assuming you are using Scout's rankings b/c Rivals has Perry ranked ahead of Brimfield. Perry is also the first three star listed on Rivals at DT, one spot from being a 4 star.

i feel good about Creer and possibly Dunlap, but Marvin Austin would be a big surprise to me.

I'm assuming you are using Scout's rankings b/c Rivals has Perry ranked ahead of Brimfield. Perry is also the first three star listed on Rivals at DT, one spot from being a 4 star.

He is talking about Rivals. Brimfield is skyrocketing in the eyes of their evaluators.

Well, my big surprise pick that I thought might come out of left field was Ryan Broyles. He has now cancelled his trip to Knoxville and is considering Oklahoma State and Arkansas. I was originally going to say Oklahoma State before I tabbed him as my 'surprise pick' so now I need to figure out who our crazy surprise signing is going to be.

Either of those two would be great. I would rather have Dwight Jones out of the two. I think Paige needs a redshirt year. Jones might be able to play right away. I think our chances of getting 1 of those 2 is decent.

I told ya rick. Either we were never that interested in Broyles or vice-versa. Our board is getting smaller every day but it hasn't gotten much clearer.

Man i think we need atleast Paige or D. Jones WR is gonna be a concern just cuz lack of experience not talent. I have faith Trooper coaches em up, but out of all the targets i think we get Paige and Dunlap. Creer is a strong possible pickup. Marvin Austin i really don't know where he is going, but i would bet FSU especially if he visits FSU the week before signing day. But even if we just take Creer im still happy this class is huge. I would rather have some big-time WR's with LaMarcus Coker in the backfield for two more years, HB is not a big priorty right now. But GO VOLS

Pretty sure Coker has 3 more years unless you're assuming he'll jump to the NFL.

VN Store

Back