Hardin Valley Principal

Savannahbayvol

Hey everyone for you Knoxville people dont know if this is the right forum or not. My cousins daughter is Principal at West and her husband the Principal has been put on leave with pay at Hardin Valley. I understand it might have something to do with a janitor causing an intentional gas leak earlier this week. Anybody have any info? Thx

Hey everyone for you Knoxville people dont know if this is the right forum or not. My cousins daughter is Principal at West and her husband the Principal has been put on leave with pay at Hardin Valley. I understand it might have something to do with a janitor causing an intentional gas leak earlier this week. Anybody have any info? Thx
I saw an article on the Knoxville paper website that said that an employee of a contractor hired by the school (or Knox County Schools) was angry at someone (his mom??) and deliberately turned on and left on the natural gas valves in the science lab(s).

Seems a bit of a reach to blame the principal, unless they’re going with failure to properly oversee, something like that.

Hope it works out ok for your cousin’s daughter’s husband and her family!

—edit to add, plus there are plenty of Knoxville TV links online: Officials: Janitor intentionally left gas valve open at Hardin Valley

The Principle, by his own admission, forgot to push the button that would have notified all parents. He apologized publicly.
I read that kids were at school way too long and subjected to the gas for several hours before anything was done. I would imagine Knox County schools and that principal will be facing some sort of litigation over this, unfortunately,

Reactions: Savannahbayvol

VN Store

Back