Harlod Ford pushing for Soy bean fuel

Jasongivm6

Hypothetically, let's assume that we've discovered a miracle cure for transportation. And it's in soybeans, a renewable energy source. We no longer have to rely on oil.

If you were a soybean farmer, would you not try to get the most profit out of the demand that you could?

Or am I just an idiot who got his "C's" in Economics classes?

(Jasongivm6 @ Aug 8 said:
Hypothetically, let's assume that we've discovered a miracle cure for transportation. And it's in soybeans, a renewable energy source. We no longer have to rely on oil.
If you were a soybean farmer, would you not try to get the most profit out of the demand that you could?

No way, that would be price gouging.

It does not matter what the next energy source is. Once it completely replaces gasoline, the gov't will tax the daylights out of whatever comes along, leading us right back to the situation we are in today.

(therealUT @ Aug 8 said:
It does not matter what the next energy source is. Once it completely replaces gasoline, the gov't will tax the daylights out of whatever comes along, leading us right back to the situation we are in today.

So you agree with me? It doesn't matter if the source comes from "moon rays" or asparagus farts?

What we need is a better efficiency from Ford, Toyota, Honda, GMAC, etc.....

It's not the environment, it's the vehicles themselves.

So you agree with me? It doesn't matter if the source comes from "moon rays" or asparagus farts?
What we need is a better efficiency from Ford, Toyota, Honda, GMAC, etc.....
It's not the environment, it's the vehicles themselves.

I believe the vehicles are very efficient. My problem is with our government both highly taxing gasoline and restricting oil companies to drill for more oil in CONUS.

Another issue is can they grow enough soy beans to keep up with the fuel demands of the US? So, we would go from drilling into the earth to putting a strain on the top soil to keep growing so we can keep driving. Doesn't seem like a good alternative to me.

VN Store

Back