Harrison Smith

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Well, we might as well kiss any hopes of him being a Vol goodbye. It is being reported that his dad has told UT coaches to quit calling him and that he wants him to go to ND. I agree with Brent Hubbs on this one. We should cancel Smith's official visit scheduled for Dec 8-10(our big weekend). He has no intentions of signing with UT and will only be taking a free trip/trying to turn UT recruits. Cut bait with Smith before it gets any uglier.

as much as i hate to see him go, if he wants to go win 4 National Championships with Jimmy Clausen, we should let him.

Uh, not wanting to rain on this b*tch and whinefest ... but the Smith family has told ALL coaches, from ALL schools (UT, ND, AU, etc) to quit calling. Harrison has signed up for three official visits and will take them all before making a final decision. UT is still very much in the mix.

The 1st semester is winding down at KCHS and semester finals begin in two weeks. Harrison has a very good GPA and (wisely) his family feels grades are more important than fielding the 297th call from some D-1 coach.

They also requested that reporters, et al stop as well. I daresay THAT'S what got Hubbs in high dudgeon.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled whining ...

Uh, not wanting to rain on this b*tch and whinefest ... but the Smith family has told ALL coaches, from ALL schools (UT, ND, AU, etc) to quit calling. Harrison has signed up for three official visits and will take them all before making a final decision. UT is still very much in the mix.

The 1st semester is winding down at KCHS and semester finals begin in two weeks. Harrison has a very good GPA and (wisely) his family feels grades are more important than fielding the 297th call from some D-1 coach.

They also requested that reporters, et al stop as well. I daresay THAT'S what got Hubbs in high dudgeon.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled whining ...

Thank you for the post. :hi:

to be honest with you, its sad that tennessee fans have such a dislike with an equally storied team that has had a good rivalry with the Vols. I mean Ive been in chat forums and seen Notre Dumb thrown around, gimme a break, I think a lot of the hatred towards ND because this isnt a strong catholic area and those mary worshippers arent the most popular people in the bible belt. I could see this b*tching and whining if he was considering Florida or Alabama but come on the guys father has history with ND, he is a catholic kid so theres pull there. At least he is interested in Tennessee unlike kids like Warren or Patrick Turner!

to be honest with you, its sad that tennessee fans have such a dislike with an equally storied team that has had a good rivalry with the Vols. I mean Ive been in chat forums and seen Notre Dumb thrown around, gimme a break, I think a lot of the hatred towards ND because this isnt a strong catholic area and those mary worshippers arent the most popular people in the bible belt. I could see this b*tching and whining if he was considering Florida or Alabama but come on the guys father has history with ND, he is a catholic kid so theres pull there. At least he is interested in Tennessee unlike kids like Warren or Patrick Turner!
Patrick Turner went to USC, a continent away, and people were upset. It's a forgone conclusion that Godeln Tate will go to ND and there is very good chance that the state's #1 prospect, Chris Donald, will also be a Domer. Fair or not people around here are not going to be happy about it. I don't even know what to say about the anti-Catholic argument.

I was raised Catholic and I hate ND, so now what? the reality is that people hate ND because of their sense of entitlement and the sickening way the media (esp the east coast) panders to them. ND has been pretty average this year, but you would never know it by the press.

I am absolutely sick of all the top guys that leave the state.....I know that we did all we could with Smith, but what's up? Are not in on them early enough? I hope it's not that we take them for granted since thay are in our back yard.

I was raised Catholic and I hate ND, so now what? the reality is that people hate ND because of their sense of entitlement and the sickening way the media (esp the east coast) panders to them. ND has been pretty average this year, but you would never know it by the press.

amen.

Patrick Turner went to USC, a continent away, and people were upset. It's a forgone conclusion that Godeln Tate will go to ND and there is very good chance that the state's #1 prospect, Chris Donald, will also be a Domer. Fair or not people around here are not going to be happy about it. I don't even know what to say about the anti-Catholic argument.

Very good chance Donald is going to ND? Haha! Right...your opinion is based on some inside information that the rest of us are not privy to? I have read every bit of recruiting news about him on rivals, scout, and local west tennessee newspapers...if I am putting a percentage on it then it is UT 70% ND 30%. Is there a chance he will go to ND? Yes. But there is a better chance he ends up at UT. I love how you choose your vocabulary so particularly.

Very good chance Donald is going to ND? Haha! Right...your opinion is based on some inside information that the rest of us are not privy to? I have read every bit of recruiting news about him on rivals, scout, and local west tennessee newspapers...if I am putting a percentage on it then it is UT 70% ND 30%. Is there a chance he will go to ND? Yes. But there is a better chance he ends up at UT. I love how you choose your vocabulary so particularly.
very good chance he goes to ND, very good chance he goes to UT. I think that is why the schools are listed as his leaders. He may not go to either one. Don't assume so much.

my heart tells me he sticks with his first love, the Vols, but I get sick to my stomach if I think about that big ND on his myspace.

Brentt Hubbs stated last night that Smith's family has asked that Fulmer not contact them any more. Smith is going to be a domer.

Brentt Hubbs stated last night that Smith's family has asked that Fulmer not contact them any more. Smith is going to be a domer.

All coaches were asked to not contact him anymore so he can focus on his upcoming exams. This was discussed on some other thread, I think.

VN Store

Back