Hawn Scores 2 and Drives in 2; Vols Fall to ETSU 9-8

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Two late-inning rallies fell short as Tennessee lost to ETSU 9-8 on Tuesday night at Robert M. Lindsay Field at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss. :)

:confused: The same team that beat LSU 2 out of 3?

We knew pitching was suspect going into the season, it's not a huge surprise that our midweek guys are going to give up some runs.

Edit: Here's your stat of the game: Volunteer junior Aaron Tullo (2-6) pitched two-thirds of an inning surrendering one run on two hits. He struck out two and walked two. Not what you're looking for to close out the game.

Last edited:
Great point about mid-week starters jwells. Even with mid-week starters, should we be losing more of these games than winnning? It wasn't until wins over Belmont and Lipscomb recently that we actually performed that well as a team during those games.

Great point about mid-week starters jwells. Even with mid-week starters, should we be losing more of these games than winnning? It wasn't until wins over Belmont and Lipscomb recently that we actually performed that well as a team during those games.

I don't think we should be underperforming, but it's understandable why the run totals get so high. I don't see any reason why we can't out-hit the other team and go error-free.

No excuse for losing, but I figured as bad as pitching has been, we probably have nothing in the tank come mid-week. Certainly, though, there's no excuse for hitting and walking so many batters in D-1 ball.

We knew pitching was suspect going into the season, it's not a huge surprise that our midweek guys are going to give up some runs.

It's not just suspect pitching. The pitching wasn't the problem when it was USC Upstate beating us 1-0 last month.

VN Store

Back