Heisman trophy

DarkVolder

Come on over to the dark side
What other schools in the SEC besides us have never had a heisman winner ?

Darren McFadden not winning it while at Arkansas was as bad as Manning not winning it at Tennessee. McFadden was the greatest college player I have ever seen in person. I have seen amany through my 40 plus years of watching live college football and I'd have to say McFadden was at the top.

Darren McFadden not winning it while at Arkansas was as bad as Manning not winning it at Tennessee. McFadden was the greatest college player I have ever seen in person. I have seen amany through my 40 plus years of watching live college football and I'd have to say McFadden was at the top.

Yes - he was great ! I remember our defense keying on him and we won, but he was an animal-
Wasn’t he the reason for Muschamp’s infamous “Boom MF” outburst when Auburn stopped him?
Best RBs ever were Billy, Bo, Herschel, George Rogers and McFadden in our league

Yes - he was great ! I remember our defense keying on him and we won, but he was an animal-
Wasn’t he the reason for Muschamp’s infamous “Boom MF” outburst when Auburn stopped him?
Best RBs ever were Billy, Bo, Herschel, George Rogers and McFadden in our league

I did see Bo play live in 1985. Bo is arguably the best of all time and I'd have to say I'd take McFadden over Bo.......

Arkansas had some nice weapons on offense, or McFadden just made them better since everyone keyed on him, but Arkansas' defense was basically atrociously horrible. If they would've had even an average defense, they would've won Natty.....

He was good but Bo Jackson would run circles around him. Bo knows

Reactions: utVolFanInVA
If not for Felix Jones being another 1K yard rusher on the same team McFadden might have had more of a chance. Still, there was little hope of overtaking Tebow that year. He had 4K total yards and over 50td's. It would have taken a Barry Sanders type year for a RB to compete with those stats.

If not for Felix Jones being another 1K yard rusher on the same team McFadden might have had more of a chance. Still, there was little hope of overtaking Tebow that year. He had 4K total yards and over 50td's. It would have taken a Barry Sanders type year for a RB to compete with those stats.
The year before

Tim Tebow. No way he wasn't getting it. Bad timing for McFadden. Tebow accounted for 55 TDs that year. It was his trophy outright, even if McFadden was also deserving.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Jamal Lewis says hello.

VN Store

Back