Help Needed in the OC

bullwinkle

I'm looking for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Ron Delmonico.

He is interviewing at UC Irvine this week...and being in SoCal...how about some information on Rod Delmonico....

I'm not the one you should be listening to, but he had some success here with CCWS appearences. But I believe and once again not for sure but I believe he's a real arrogant person that tended to use the wrong players. Now I may be making a total fool of myself because he's been here for as long as I've been following baseball/alive. Try surfing through some of the older threads and you can get some expert analysis from other posters

when it comes to Rod most things are bad and ugly! under Rod the Vols were either really good or really bad. also i haven't met many people around the University that liked him at all. my college roomate worked on the baseball field for UT, he said Rod was the biggest jerk you will ever met! there has to be much much better choices for UCI to hire and lead their baseball program. this of course is just my small unimportant opinion.

Thanks for the information...being a father of two ball players I have learned that all successful baseball coaches have a hugh egos and are arrogant...high school to college to pros...honestly, the tougher the coach the better the players perform...But there are levels...Bobby Knight compared to Coach K in basketball...

Was the inconsistency due to recruiting?
When you say wrong players...do you mean the don't perform or do the players give up on the coach?
What would you say has been the best part of your teams.....Offense or Defense? Pitching?

Thanks from SoCal....

Lastly....go kick some gater ass!

Thanks for the information...being a father of two ball players I have learned that all successful baseball coaches have a hugh egos and are arrogant...high school to college to pros...honestly, the tougher the coach the better the players perform...But there are levels...Bobby Knight compared to Coach K in basketball...

Was the inconsistency due to recruiting?
When you say wrong players...do you mean the don't perform or do the players give up on the coach?
What would you say has been the best part of your teams.....Offense or Defense? Pitching?

Thanks from SoCal....

Lastly....go kick some gater ass!

Heck yeah, go Vols.

But to answer your question, it seemed like he got great recruting but it didnt translate into success. Like said earlier, he's had some good teams, but it's been way too inconsistent.

VN Store

Back