Here's an interesting Tennessee flashback

I was there for that cold Liberty Bowl game.

Ditto! I was there as well.

I had never been to Memphis. We ate at Rudy's in Bucksnoort on the way over...had to!

It was freezing cold at that game.

OP, thanks for sharing!

Memories of my youth... :)

Joey Clinkscales and William Howard don't get mentioned very often, but they were good.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting half time too as Lee Greenwood sang "God Bless the USA". .....from the lakes of Minnesota (pause for slight applause) to the Hills of Tennessee (pause for loud cheer)

It's time to get back to a bowl every year

Reactions: 5 people
Memories of my youth... :)

Joey Clinkscales and William Howard don't get mentioned very often, but they were good.

William Howard set an NCAA record that season which still has not been broken:

MOST CONSECUTIVE RUSHES BY SAME PLAYER:

Game
16—William Howard, Tennessee vs. Ole Miss, Nov. 15, 1986 (during two possessions)

I miss the consistent use of the fullback position as a viable option in the power running game.

Interesting half time too as Lee Greenwood sang "God Bless the USA". .....from the lakes of Minnesota (pause for slight applause) to the Hills of Tennessee (pause for loud cheer)

I remember God Bless the USA & thought it was cool that that song mentioned both states! Also remember it being bitter cold. Fun night though!

Even though I was froze to death,this was a great game and the halftime show was one of the greatest.

Has there ever been any time the Livery Bowl wasn't freezing fukken cold? "I hate Memphis State".

VN Store

Back