Heupel has got to be one…

Flipdaddy

…..of the smartest football coaches I’ve ever seen. One week he airs it out. The next week he does nothing but shovel pass on third and long. The 3rd week he’s just runs the football. The next week he called a total of 5 plays and wins. You just don’t know what all to prepare for. He scared me a lot last Saturday tho, I felt like we were seeing the Butch days. VBS ( Vol Battered Syndrome) First game he opens the play book is obviously Alabama. Where do you guys see us struggle in the future? Go Vols!!!!

…..of the smartest football coaches I’ve ever seen. One week he airs it out. The next week he does nothing but shovel pass on third and long. The 3rd week he’s just runs the football. The next week he called a total of 5 plays and wins. You just don’t know what all to prepare for. He scared me a lot last Saturday tho, I felt like we were seeing the Butch days. VBS ( Vol Battered Syndrome) First game he opens the play book is obviously Alabama. Where do you guys see us struggle in the future? Go Vols!!!!

I dunno, I've thought a lot about this.

I randomly saw a Pruitt :vomit: clip on social media. The clip in question was Guarantano's fumble at the 2 yard line in a play that would have brought us to 28-20 at Bama.

This was 2019, well into the peak dominance for them and we were a 2-5 football team.

Bama was conservative most of that game because they didn't need to be flashy. Tua was 11/12 for 155 yards and an INT. Bama only put up 373 yards, only 119 total in the 2nd half.

Point is, it was a very similar game to the Bama staff that I think this OU game was to the Tennessee staff. They looked across the field and weren't worried. The players got a little sloppy but weren't worried either.

Also in that game we benched JG for Maurer who was 5/7 for 62 yards. Cries of "yeah what if we were playing our backup that Bama didn't scheme for all game, what then?" which were nothing but cries of coping.

While Bama scoop/scored that fumble for a TD and went up 35-13 instead of a tight 28-20 game I see some parallels. I think we just have to realize that Heupel, unlike the last 3-4 coaching staffs and especially Head Coaches is competent.

And he doesn't seem worried, he seems deservedly confident. And his team is with him.

To be able to adjust to how the game is flowing and still come out on top in a big time environment says a lot. Nico had some big time throws, but the protection was getting worse as the game went on and Nico had some freshman tendencies come out understandably as a result.

Defense is playing lights out. Slow it down on offense, let the defense do its thing, and come out of a high emotion road game against a big time opponent on top. Gives me faith that Huepel can handle big moments.

I randomly saw a Pruitt :vomit: clip on social media. The clip in question was Guarantano's fumble at the 2 yard line in a play that would have brought us to 28-20 at Bama.

This was 2019, well into the peak dominance for them and we were a 2-5 football team.

Bama was conservative most of that game because they didn't need to be flashy. Tua was 11/12 for 155 yards and an INT. Bama only put up 373 yards, only 119 total in the 2nd half.

Point is, it was a very similar game to the Bama staff that I think this OU game was to the Tennessee staff. They looked across the field and weren't worried. The players got a little sloppy but weren't worried either.

Also in that game we benched JG for Maurer who was 5/7 for 62 yards. Cries of "yeah what if we were playing our backup that Bama didn't scheme for all game, what then?" which were nothing but cries of coping.

While Bama scoop/scored that fumble for a TD and went up 35-13 instead of a tight 28-20 game I see some parallels. I think we just have to realize that Heupel, unlike the last 3-4 coaching staffs and especially Head Coaches is competent.

And he doesn't seem worried, he seems deservedly confident. And his team is with him.
JG did that on his own. I'm almost certain that wasn't the play call. But your point is valid. Bama wasn't in trouble even had UT scored.

Very nice mention.
A great example!

VN Store

Back