Hey fellas.

Atreus21

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck in Atlanta. Gonna be an uphill climb. Auburn is one tough mutha this year.

This is a bad example to cite, being an LSU fan, but you might take encouragement nonetheless. If you recall, in 2001, the SEC Championship game was between UT and LSU. UT was favored pretty substantially, and looking very much to go to the National Championship if they won. UT's situation then very much resembles Auburn's situation now. And LSU won that game in 2001.

Please don't misunderstand. I don't mean to make any tempers flare. It's just that I look around and alot of people, including some on this board, seem to think the SEC Champion is already decided: Auburn. I guess my point is to warn against that. The game in Atlanta is anyone's game.

Again, good luck, and have fun in Atlanta. Wish we could be there instead of Auburn, but no team's perfect. I'll see you guys next season in Death Valley. :)

Hey, welcome! I'll give you a good Geaux Tigers! for that post. That was classy.

The Vols will need all the help they can get for this win, but it can be done. While we have played poorly these last few weeks, we are still a very good team. It just hasn't shown, I believe our guys have been looking ahead too much to Atlanta and not focusing on their opponents, even if it is just Vandy and KY.

So yeah, if our guys play their absolute hardest and maybe hope we can score on an Auburn mistake or two, we can win it.

And good luck to you and your team in whichever bowl you are picked to go to

I like that guy...auburn and florida fans are assholes, this guy is cool.... :beer: :beer:

As far as not having flashy wins, both UT and LSU got the same disease, pal. And as far as Auburn and Florida fans being a$$holes, give LSU some credit. We got a$$holes here too. :)

Atreus, thanks for giving me the opportunity to post one of my favs!!

Attachments

• 02_0726wp2.jpg
    02_0726wp2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, it's not decided just yet. I'm not willing to just give it up to Auburn, and I don't think the team is, either. It's gonna be tough, though. Auburn just finds so many ways to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers. And their defense is one of the best in the country this year. They are very well balanced, but invincible by no means.

It should be interesting.

I think the drive for Tennessee this year should be as great as Alabama's in the Iron Bowl.

Everything will have to go our way for us to win, though. The same defensive game that stopped Georgia from getting the win will have to show up; The same rotating-quarterback offense that threw South Carolina's defense every which way will have to show up; And for the first time this season, they will all have to show up for a full 60 minutes. If they show up for 58, Auburn could very well take those two minutes and pull the win.

Auburn's team consists of veteran players; Tennessee's players are young and naiive. Auburn allows an average 9.6 points per game; Tennessee gave up a combined 64 points to bottom-feeder teams Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Auburn is healthy and looking to dominate the Vols in the SECCG to state their case as to why they should have been in the Orange Bowl; Tennessee is bruised, battered and seemingly playing just to save face after embarassing games against Notre Dame, Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

I'll take Tennessee with those odds.

Milo...nice analysis! You may have a future in broadcasting. We seem to need a new radio guy...interested??? B)

Attachments

• meahcem_clausen_4729.jpg
    meahcem_clausen_4729.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
Us LSU fans are facing alot of indecision. Some want to pull for AU to get to the NC, because it's just too cool to have consecutive SEC National Titles, not to mention consecutive SEC West titles. On the other hand, tho, people are worried that if AU does get to the NC game and win it, they'll come over to us and wave it front of us and say that theirs is better than ours.

Granted, the latter opinion is based in immaturity. We shouldn't compare our accomplishments with fellow SEC teams. Saban sez we can't defend what we can't lose. I suppose he's right.

However, seeing as even if AU beats you guys, they probably STILL won't get to the NC game (which I think is a pile o' crap), I really don't have a reason to pull for Auburn.

We really REALLY need a playoff.

VN Store

Back