Hitting is AWFUL....Team Avg .274

TNVols58

Can't believe it's as bad as it's been this year...I thought the hitting would be the strength and the pitching would be the weakness...it's the exact opposite...hitting .274 as a college team is probably equivalent to .200 at the professional level as averages are much higher in college baseball

Vols aren't getting anything from these 3 who were supposed to be MAJOR contributors this year...Forsythe and Hawn were preseason All Americans and Duffy won his conference's player of the year award

Forsythe (.211 BA...only 2 HRs)
Hawn (.298 BA...only 3 HRs)
Duffy (.263 BA...no HRs)

The lineup also features regular starters with averages of .261, .245, .233, .231

Only good hitters so far this year have been Polk (.381, 10 SB), Osborne (.297 w/ 4 HRs and 7 2B's), Hamaker (.310, 3 HR, 10 RBI), and Liles (.310)

The pitching to this point has been great, but you HAVE to score to win

Last edited:
I remember something last year about how our team possibly used "illegally" rolled composite bats

Last edited:
I remember something last year about how our team possibly used "illegally" rolled composite bats...supposedly in the Vandy series last year Forsythe and Hawn hit HRs over 450 feet...our hitting was much better last year...I think the team might've used those type of bats last year after how the hitting has been this season...it's hard to believe Forsythe could go from .350 to .200 in 1 season...that's a tremendous drop

You can bash the coach and the players all day long. Be careful about accusations that serious.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hobock...I just find it hard to believe someone could go from .350 to .200 in college baseball...I was just bringing that up because there was a lot of speculation about it last year

Hobock...I just find it hard to believe someone could go from .350 to .200 in college baseball...I was just bringing that up because there was a lot of speculation about it last year

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

I take that statement back...it was out of line....wish I wouldn't have wrote it now....just frustrated with the team...I expected a lot more from the team as a whole this year

I take that statement back...it was out of line....wish I wouldn't have wrote it now....just frustrated with the team...I expected a lot more from the team as a whole this year

That was very gracious of you. Your frustrations are understandable and shared. I'm sure the players are just as frustrated as all of us.

A slump here or there can cause it to fluctuate a bit from season to season, but that's a huge difference.
Outside of playing through a pretty severe injury (I played through a ruptured UCL my last year of undergrad and had that kind of a drop in performance), there should be no reason for that kind of drop.
Even the rolled bats won't do that much. A few homeruns that are now long outs, sure. But not 150 points worth...

VN Store

Back