Home Opener

nashvol

:angry: Maybe because I sit on the first row,and have for 23 years I am sick and tired of September first of the month games being played in the middle of the day. Why do we have lights? I realize it's all about exposure and money but what about us fans who have to sit in that heat. More and more the athletic department is caring less and less about the fans.I have seen the temperature on the field go above 95 degrees.Think about the players. This is not the first time this has happened and will not be the last. My family and I have sat through heat,rain,and snow and will always because we bleed deep orange. We,re just crazy but that does not excuse the Athletic Director forgetting about the rank and file loyal Vol fans. I,m looking forward to dropping about five pounds sitting in the sauna of the home opener.C,mon rain.

Maybe it's to help a little with the conditioning once the real season begins. If you haven't dealt with the heat before, you can't really know what the reaction will be. I remember the gator (in Gainesville) game a couple years ago....I've never broiled so much in my life. Our guys did a great job in keeping thier cool while the gators melted.

Thats a good question...why dont they make every game night games? I cant come up with a reason, probably tv schedules and other games conflicting with it and probably has to do with money, dont know the answer.

volmanbill- are you talking about the '02 UT/UF game? the one where UT just couldnt hang on to the ball for some gosh darn reason?

No, he's talking about the 12 pm Eastern kickoff in 2003 in GAINESVILLE. He did say Gainesville, ya know.

It was the game where we scored just before the half....kinda like the anti-GA game here :banghead:

Originally posted by nashvol@Jul 18, 2005 8:43 PM
:angry: Maybe because I sit on the first row,and have for 23 years I am sick and tired of September first of the month games being played in the middle of the day. Why do we have lights? I realize it's all about exposure and money but what about us fans who have to sit in that heat. More and more the athletic department is caring less and less about the fans.I have seen the temperature on the field go above 95 degrees.Think about the players. This is not the first time this has happened and will not be the last. My family and I have sat through heat,rain,and snow  and will always because we bleed deep orange. We,re just crazy but that does not excuse the Athletic Director forgetting about the rank and file loyal Vol fans. I,m looking forward to dropping about five pounds sitting in the sauna of the home opener.C,mon rain.
[snapback]115693[/snapback]​

Well maybe if you didnt say you sat in the front row, I would feel sorry for you!!!! LUCKY!!!!!! :rocks: :p

As long as the games are on TV I don't care what time they are played. I along with many alum live quite aways from K-TOWN (unfortunately out of state) and the only way we get to watch is from TV. I make some games but usually am limited to 2 or 3. So, as long as I get TV I am fine.

No matter how hot it is, it can't be as bad as last year's GA/SC game. It was a 3:30 kickoff in mid September and the Gamecocks fans and players thought it would be a neat idea to wear all black that day. :wacko:

Originally posted by GAVol@Jul 20, 2005 2:49 PM
No matter how hot it is, it can't be as bad as last year's GA/SC game.  It was a 3:30 kickoff in mid September and the Gamecocks fans and players thought it would be a neat idea to wear all black that day. :wacko:
[snapback]116263[/snapback]​

:lolup:

I had a lot of fun at that game.

F69958.jpg

TD!

Originally posted by CajunDawg@Jul 20, 2005 5:25 PM
:lolup:
I had a lot of fun at that game.
[snapback]116281[/snapback]​

I'll bet . . . but don't lie to us. You know the pucker factor was running pretty high for you during the first half. :D

Oh my god, what is it with us and USC?

Outside of 2003, we just can't beat them down....it's always too damn close

Originally posted by CajunDawg@Jul 20, 2005 5:51 PM
Oh my god, what is it with us and USC?

Outside of 2003, we just can't beat them down....it's always too damn close
[snapback]116297[/snapback]​

Other than last season, we have had trouble pulling away from them many times, many games coming down to the final drive.

VN Store

Back