Housing costs are keeping some areas from bringing in needed workers

AshG

Easy target
Ketchum, Idaho, Has Plenty of Available Jobs, but Workers Can’t Afford Housing — The Wall Street Journal

“Businesses in this community of 2,700, located in central Idaho near the Sun Valley ski resort, are struggling to fill open positions, forcing some to cut hours. Some workers live in trailers or tents in the Sawtooth National Forest. And the waiting list for the 113 affordable-housing units for sale or rent in surrounding Blaine County is yearslong.”
So the skiers have to wipe their own asses?
Sad face.

The issue of artificially raising the standard of living. Got to have resets if you want to avoid this.

I hope it's just the housing market that crashes rather than the alternative of hyperinflation and all that comes with it.

It's a huge issue everywhere but especially around resort areas and even warehousing. I work with a group who has this as one of their 3 main issues for our county (mental health and diversion programs being the other 2). At least one city has pledged to help and another is close

I hope it's just the housing market that crashes rather than the alternative of hyperinflation and all that comes with it.
The longer it gets prolonged and propped up the worse the fall will be.

Pur economy is brittle. Never allowed to adjust or correct issues. So the cracks just keep forming.

This happens in a lot of resort areas. Nothing new, except for Idaho.

VN Store

Back