How bad does the Bowl loss affect recruiting?

WA_Vol

This season ended on a low note, whats the risk of losing some verbal committments this year or as Fulmer put it "flat out lied to me"?

There may be some decommits who will go to Bama or elsewhere now that Saban will be at Bama. The bowl loss definitely did not help Fulmer's cause one bit. The way the Vols played would make a star recruit wonder if Tennessee is really the place to go and improve the chance to go to the pros. I just don't see any positives coming from the bowl game especially as sloppy and undisciplined the Vols played.

Don't see any positives from a bowl loss, but I don't think it will affect recruiting much at all.

SEC, who is gonna decommit and go to Bama? I've not seen anything about any of our recruits reconsidering.

After looking at our commit list, I highly doubt that anyone will decommit and go to Bama. Barnes goes to Lincoln in Tallahassee but was never considering FSU. Melancon is from Louisiana which Saban has ties to but has never listed Bama as a team with interest. Walker had a little interest in Bama, but is all Vol for sure(was more interested in LSU than Bama).

were gona lose all of them. its only a matter of time. who in their right mind would want to come to this hell hole of a university?

Donald already has his mind made up. Our Bowl Game wont affect him. Look at what happened to the Domers last night.

Who wouldnt want to play for the SEC.

VN Store

Back