How harmful is the portal to exiting team?

temptn

With NO loyalty to teams do portal transfer players hurt the team more than just their absence? I assume they share information about the team they left behind. Example: a player goes to an SEC team and shares all of their knowledge about signs, schemes, plays, training, workouts, etc. I know coaches go to other teams and take information with them but the way the portal is now you can get all the information on a team.

Signs are typically changed year to year and involve multiple play callers with a live color that you can change every series if you wanted.

So one series you can tell the team “red is the live color” and they’ll all look to the play caller in red for signals, on the next series you can tell them it’s green, and so on.

With NO loyalty to teams do portal transfer players hurt the team more than just their absence? I assume they share information about the team they left behind. Example: a player goes to an SEC team and shares all of their knowledge about signs, schemes, plays, training, workouts, etc. I know coaches go to other teams and take information with them but the way the portal is now you can get all the information on a team.

teams change a lot of those things year to year and some of them game to game.. players moving and sharing info is no different than coaches moving and sharing. Coaches would even know the processes previous schools go through to try to hide things..

these things have been happening a long time..

Reactions: mercuryvol
Considering the shenanigans up in Michigan, any team not changing their signals each game by this point honestly deserves to lose.

Training, etc etc I would wager pretty much everybody knows or has a good idea what the other guy is up to.

Reactions: PA Vol
It's the hard to change and the unchangeable things that are the issue. Things that don't necessarily show up on film. Hidden injuries, tendencies that are exposed in practice. Etc.

VN Store

Back