How One Medical Board Is Injecting DEI Into All Aspects of Medical Education

Franklin Pierce

The American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation will require doctors to answer questions about 'health equity' to keep their certification

London-850_736x514.jpg

Last year, Oregon Health & Science University Hillsboro Medical Center began developing an "anti-racism and structural competency curriculum" for internal medicine residents. The school wasn't alone. Georgetown University Hospital created a "social medicine and health equity track" for its residents. And this year, the health care system Honor Health started a project "to demonstrate how health care organizations can address DEI [diversity, equity, and inclusion] through the formation of People Resource Groups, affinity groups"—that is, segregated groups—"based on race, ethnicity, gender, and/or orientation."

The throughline is the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Foundation, the charity arm of the American Board of Internal Medicine, which certifies internists and is funding the development of the curricula. Both organizations wield significant influence in medicine, and over the past few years, they have used that influence to push an ideological agenda under the guise of DEI, health equity, and "antiracism."

How One Medical Board Is Injecting DEI Into All Aspects of Medical Education - Washington Free Beacon

Reactions: davethevol
I had a question on my Maintenance of Certification exam recently that I purposefully answered "incorrectly" and reported to the AAP. I'm not allowed to post the screenshot, but basically it's the fault of health inequity that a little girl's asthma was not well controlled. I answered "noncompliance with daily medications" (definitely the most common cause).

I had a question on my Maintenance of Certification exam recently that I purposefully answered "incorrectly" and reported to the AAP. I'm not allowed to post the screenshot, but basically it's the fault of health inequity that a little girl's asthma was not well controlled. I answered "noncompliance with daily medications" (definitely the most common cause).

Health care workers are being taught now and pushed into becoming more robotic and with admin SOPs being regarded as a priority over “true bedside patient care” ( my words ) . Admins and insurance companies have redirected the natural , nurturing , drive that health care workers have , and into the realm of production line efficiency for cost/ benefit sake . If anyone has any doubts about this , just find you an experienced ICU nurse and listen to some daily work stories .

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Health care workers are being taught now and pushed into becoming more robotic and with admin SOPs being regarded as a priority over “true bedside patient care” ( my words ) . Admins and insurance companies have redirected the natural , nurturing , drive that health care workers have , and into the realm of production line efficiency for cost/ benefit sake . If anyone has any doubts about this , just find you an experienced ICU nurse and listen to some daily work stories .
I fear that the holdouts from my generation of docs might be the last of a dying breed. Very sad.

Woke Ivy League students Demand Medical Schools make the MCAT pass or fail - to Stop White Applicants with 'wealth, resources and access to books and coaches' retaking $330 exam

Two woke Ivy League students have called on medical schools to change the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) over claims of racial disparities.

Alessandro Hammond, a Harvard med student, and Cameron Sabet, a University of Pennsylvania graduate student studying ethics in medicine, argued in a Washington Post op-ed piece that white applicants have an unfair advantage through the test.

Two Ivy League students say med schools need to change admissions tests over racial disparity | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: davethevol
Disgusting. And it is coming to every profession. Heck, it will make it to the factory hourly worker.

I have a friend that works at a manufacturing facility and the “management” goes all in on pride month and rainbows their break rooms and nobody gives a s***. They took their Good Friday holiday and moved it to “juneteenth” even with the workers opposing it. If you’ve ever had or applied for a federal job they’ll at least say they make affirmative action hires but in reality I think a lot of places do just to meet that “quota “.

Reactions: allvol123
Woke Ivy League students Demand Medical Schools make the MCAT pass or fail - to Stop White Applicants with 'wealth, resources and access to books and coaches' retaking $330 exam

Two woke Ivy League students have called on medical schools to change the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) over claims of racial disparities.

Alessandro Hammond, a Harvard med student, and Cameron Sabet, a University of Pennsylvania graduate student studying ethics in medicine, argued in a Washington Post op-ed piece that white applicants have an unfair advantage through the test.

Two Ivy League students say med schools need to change admissions tests over racial disparity | Daily Mail Online
I’d like a doctor who can pass the tests, thank you very much 😂 So ridiculous

Come on doc, do I really need to finish that full course of antibiotics? I feel fine after taking half.

VN Store

Back