How the AP Writers Voted

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
Kind of interesting to see the individual votes for each pollster.

AP Voters' Ballots

Here's my personal favorite:

Chris Fowler, ESPN — 1. Southern California 2. Oklahoma 3. Auburn 4. California 5. Texas 6. Utah 7. Virginia Tech 8. Louisville 9. LSU 10. Michigan 11. Iowa 12. Georgia 13. Boise St. 14. Florida St. 15. Miami (Fla) 16. Florida 17. Virginia 18. Wisconsin 19. Pittsburgh 20. Texas Tech 21. Tennessee 22. Ohio St. 23. Arizona St. 24. Texas A&M 25. Boston College

What argument can you make for leaving us out of the top 20 behind the likes of Florida and Pitt!?!?

Mitch Vingle, Charleston (W.Va.) Gazette — 1. Southern California 2. Auburn 3. Oklahoma 4. Texas 5. Utah 6. California 7. Louisville 8. Virginia Tech 9. Boise St. 10. Georgia 11. LSU 12. Iowa 13. Michigan 14. Miami (Fla) 15. Wisconsin 16. Florida St. 17. Virginia 18. Pittsburgh 19. Florida 20. Tennessee 21. Texas A&M 22. Texas Tech 23. Toledo 24. Arizona St. 25. West Virginia

This guy is a blowhard too........Hmmm 2 of their losses were to the number 3 team in the country.......so they MUST suck.

I didn't notice that there was another voter as loony as Fowler. For me, it's not so much where they put us as it is who they put us behind. I think you could justify shuffling Georgia, LSU, Iowa, Michigan, Tennessee, FSU, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Miami in just about any order.

But again I ask . . . how does anybody that knows anything justify putting us behind a 7-4 Florida team that we beat and an 8-3 Pitt team that lost to Syracuse and UCONN?!

Georgia kills LSU and is behind LSU
Tennessee beats UGA at UGA and is behind UGA

Idiot

I can't justify it and I wouldn't know where to begin. I will tell you one thing, to be behind Pitt and UF is insulting. We won the SEC east.....I see no logic in putting us behind UF or UGA for that matter. I don't know, just supports our theory that :espn: and so does that West Virginia idiot!

The bowl thing kills me as well.

Based on record (7 - 2 in SEC including champ game) we have to be considered 2nd place in SEC. Next closest are LSU and UGA both at 6 - 2. However, the Cap One bowl (old Citrus) that typically picks SEC #2 picks LSU (okay) and then the Outback (SEC 3rd choice? picks UGA). We didn't play LSU so I guess you can justify that (although they lost to Auburn and UF - a team we beat) Just like last year when the Outback picked UF and a 9 - 2 UT team went to the Peach Bowl - we are getting dissed.

Going into the SECCG we were 7-1; a clear second place based on record in the SEC yet we were dumped down in bowls - our finish in the SECCG only mattered for the Sugar and they would have been pissed.

Fowler is a moron. Burnett is right - we get no respect. :bs: :bs: :bs:

Anyone have an email address for Fowler? I checked the ESPN website but didn't find it.

Originally posted by volinbham@Dec 7, 2004 12:49 AM
Anyone have an email address for Fowler? I checked the ESPN website but didn't find it.

I don't know, but if you find it let me know please.

This is the very reason that a playoff is needed in the NCAA Division I-A. These poll voters are the guys that decide the National Champion???? Tennessee behind Georgia AND Florida?!?! The Vols won it on the field.... they didn't look pretty all the time, but they did it ON THE FIELD.... 5-0 in the SEC EAST!!! Remember, the 1998 National Championship team didn't always look pretty either... they just got it done ON THE FIELD. We need a playoff bad!!!

Joe Biddle, The Tennessean, Nashville — 1. Auburn 2. Oklahoma 3. Southern California 4. California 5. Utah 6. Texas 7. Louisville 8. Boise St. 9. Georgia 10. Virginia Tech 11. Iowa 12. Michigan 13. LSU 14. Wisconsin 15. Pittsburgh 16. Miami (Fla) 17. Virginia 18. Tennessee 19. Florida 20. Florida St. 21. Ohio St. 22. Texas A&M 23. Texas Tech 24. Memphis 25. Toledo

Check this guy out...Joe Biddle....The Nashville Tennessean runs I swear near a whole page of names that beat him in his picks weekly. You get a I beat biddle tee shirt. This guy is a prime example why the true National Champion is rarely crowned :furious3:

Originally posted by allvol@Dec 7, 2004 9:16 AM
This is the very reason that a playoff is needed in the NCAA Division I-A. These poll voters are the guys that decide the National Champion???? Tennessee behind Georgia AND Florida?!?! The Vols won it on the field.... they didn't look pretty all the time, but they did it ON THE FIELD.... 5-0 in the SEC EAST!!! Remember, the 1998 National Championship team didn't always look pretty either... they just got it done ON THE FIELD. We need a playoff bad!!!

and even in 98 there was moaning at espn and all kinds of talk about how we were going to get killed and didn't have a chance...really if it were up to the voters more that year and there wasn't that BCS system, I don't think we would have been in the game!

Originally posted by dan4vols@Dec 7, 2004 2:09 PM
Joe Biddle, The Tennessean, Nashville — 1. Auburn 2. Oklahoma 3. Southern California 4. California 5. Utah 6. Texas 7. Louisville 8. Boise St. 9. Georgia 10. Virginia Tech 11. Iowa 12. Michigan 13. LSU 14. Wisconsin 15. Pittsburgh 16. Miami (Fla) 17. Virginia 18. Tennessee 19. Florida 20. Florida St. 21. Ohio St. 22. Texas A&M 23. Texas Tech 24. Memphis 25. Toledo

Check this guy out...Joe Biddle....The Nashville Tennessean runs I swear near a whole page of names that beat him in his picks weekly. You get a I beat biddle tee shirt. This guy is a prime example why the true National Champion is rarely crowned :furious3:

uga 9 spots above ut? biddle is an idiot! :withstupid:

Biddle blows and so do most of the Ap writers that vote but the coaches poll is no better its all about making your team look better week by week heard a good quote last night on CSS ... its football not gymnastics, you shouldn't vote for a champion in football it should be decided on the field.

Chris Fowler obviously doesn't like Tennessee, along with the rest of the ESPN crew. Anbody found he email yet?

VN Store

Back