How the Vols will beat the Gators.

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
I think the Gators will come in over-confident about their Urban Myth and be STUNNED by not only our physicality and speed, but by our brilliant play calling.

Ok, I know the last one was a stretch, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

:p

Easy. Our pass-rush will get to them before Leak can adjust.

Our OL will dominate their weak DL

Our pass rush, running the ball, and an occasional deep pass will win the game.

Definitely won't be the play calling!!! :p

Just hope that the Gator's offense sputters and doesn't score more than 21 points. From past experience, the games have been in the 30's and higher. Also if the Vols are lucky enough to get first possession, catch the Gator's napping and go with the long pass and hopefully someone will be wide open and get a quick TD! :bow: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by TennFan@Jun 8, 2005 1:48 PM
Also if the Vols are lucky enough to get first possession, catch the Gator's napping and go with the long pass and hopefully someone will be wide open and get a quick TD! :bow:  :thumbsup:
[snapback]101888[/snapback]​

Just like the UGA game last year.. :rocks:

cookeville _vol, we came through your pretty little town on the way home yesterday. I thought about ya.

;)

yeah we hit the cracker barrel there everytime we head to K-Town

Stop the run, make Chris Leak throw, he's bound to do enough dumb stuff with the football that it will cost Florida the game.

Florida comes in with a talented backfield on both sides of the ball, but just can't cut it in the trenches. The Vols DL shows their strength and the Florida DL just gets flat-out beat because they ain't that good. Big plays from keep the Gators' heads above water but the Vols win the day with consistently sound football. Vols win by 4.

The Vols WILL win with a balanced offensive attack and a defensive line that WILL get to Leak and rattle him..early and often.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 8, 2005 6:34 PM
Florida comes in with a talented backfield on both sides of the ball
[snapback]102013[/snapback]​

You really think so? On offense they have Leak, no fullback and Meyer has even admitted that he doesn't have a strong RB and threatened to put a tight end back there.

I just don't see how everyone is overly impressed with the gators. Why do we worry about them this year. All of their bright spots from last year are gone. there star linebacker left, there best running back high tailed it out of there. his go to reciver left. And oh by the way, there defensive secondary is going to suck tremendously. I just wouldn't be surprised if we beat them by 21, and that is no joke. A coach just doesn't do that much for a team. So he might bring in a new passing game, so what. So Leak may get 4,000 yards, but offense has never been a problem in flordia the past 3 years. It has always been defense and flordia has done nothing to improve in that area. Thats why I feel the florida offense looked so Impressive in their psring game. Its easy to drop 30 on a defense that wont even be in the top 50. Man its going to be said when we beat them by 21.

I'm planning on going to the UF game. If I can't find tix in advance, does anybody with experience know how hard it will be to find tix on gameday and roughly how expensive they will be? Thanks.

Originally posted by cookeville_vol@Jun 8, 2005 4:33 PM
Yeah, its a nice little "food stop" between Knoxville and Nashville.
[snapback]102002[/snapback]​

Is the "Beanpot" still there? We used to stop there on the way to Fairfield Glade to go horseback riding (early-mid 80's). They used to have a great set-up for riding there but there was a tragic barn fire that pretty much wiped out the operation. A real tragedy.

Didn't mean to highjack the thread.

We must win this game they way we've won just about all games with UF - dominant run game and outstanding play by the front seven on D.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 8, 2005 5:59 PM
You really think so?  On offense they have Leak, no fullback and Meyer has even admitted that he doesn't have a strong RB and threatened to put a tight end back there.
[snapback]102034[/snapback]​

I think we'll never find out because they'll be too busy getting pounded in the trenches.

Our D should make them go to option B. Dont bring that junk!
Cant score, you cant win....The O well if im wrong, im wrong, but i see a good chance of once we establish putting the ball down your throat! An open playbook'.

It to me on O' is play Tenn ball. Smash you in the mouth with it! See who on the swing out, or straight out of the backfield has the testicular circumfrence to come head to head with a rolling Cory "Abrams" Anderson. And know Riggs is going to slap you 1-5 if your lucky per carry. He paid his due's, got down in CPF's count, but was able to prove himself.

Parys, Mahelona, Hall, Allen,Simon and :gun: Gaither disrupt Leak like he is over-rated, and get him off to a not so draft'ie year early.

When we go down the field we go BIG' it'll be cut throat, stop our run expect it early and often. A few take aways will help in this UT Dominate
lashing.

Neyland South become's our new JV team's home field.....TN 30 UF 7

VN Store

Back