How/When does ABC/ESPN decide ko times ?

SuwaneeGAVOL

We all know the SEC almost always announced kickoff times 12 days ahead of time, meaning by Monday at noon we knew the following Saturday’s kick off time and channel.

With ABC and ESPN I keep reading about flex times and I think I know what that means- basically a window of two times to choice from. But I can’t find anything that says when it’s announced.

Mainly concerned about the kickoff time for the Oklahoma game because I have a flight coming into Oklahoma City that morning and I may have to adjust it if our games at 3:30 and not 7:00.

Any help at all is appreciated thank you!

This article has the best info I could find.
it says….”after week three, times are announced between 6 days and 2 weeks of games”.
if true, that’s the same as it’s always been.
so the only change we have this year is knowing about the noon window games in advance.

Reactions: maryvillenative
We all know the SEC almost always announced kickoff times 12 days ahead of time, meaning by Monday at noon we knew the following Saturday’s kick off time and channel.

With ABC and ESPN I keep reading about flex times and I think I know what that means- basically a window of two times to choice from. But I can’t find anything that says when it’s announced.

Mainly concerned about the kickoff time for the Oklahoma game because I have a flight coming into Oklahoma City that morning and I may have to adjust it if our games at 3:30 and not 7:00.

Any help at all is appreciated thank you!
I would bet on 3:30. The other SEC games that day are garbage.

E
it says….”after week three, times are announced between 6 days and 2 weeks of games”.
so the only change we have this year is knowing about the noon window games in advance.

ABC/ESPN did announce some game times earlier in the year but none of ours were part of those early decisions. So, it looks like all of ours are going to fall into that window for decision.

Assuming LSU doesn't have another fist pounding type of game vs SCAR next week, ABC might consider UCLA-LSU as a marquee game and pick it. SEC versus Big 10 will always be of interest

Well if that’s the case then I would bet on a night game. Whatever slot the best SEC game gets, that’s where we should be. It’s the best SEC game by a mile that Saturday.
I agree. I’m guessing Gameday will be there as well. OU’s first SEC game, Heupel’s storyline, both teams potentially undefeated. It’s going to be a huge game

Well if that’s the case then I would bet on a night game. Whatever slot the best SEC game gets, that’s where we should be. It’s the best SEC game by a mile that Saturday.
Unfortunately. Winning night games on the road against good teams is a very tough task.
I expect OU to be a 4-5 point favorite at kickoff. Let’s hope we are as healthy as possible and can tune out the crowd noise.

They’ve also announced that the UK and MS St. games are at night.

VN Store

Back