how would you have felt about the unis if...

cjbongoinstructor

My apologies for another uniforms thread but just curious how your reaction would have been if we unveiled these at a game vs before the season? I was just thinking to myself what if we had busted these out before the Florida game last year when we had all that hype with game day (would have been awesome, ignoring the coaching staff element). Which option do you prefer?

Reactions: 2 people
My apologies for another uniforms thread but just curious how your reaction would have been if we unveiled these at a game vs before the season? I was just thinking to myself what if we had busted these out before the Florida game last year when we had all that hype with game day (would have been awesome, ignoring the coaching staff element). Which option do you prefer?

I opened the T for 4 years (2006-09). When they came out against USC in black was nothing compared to 06 Cal, Florida, LSU, Bama, 07 UGA, USC, Arkansas, etc. If this team is 3-2 or possibly 2-3 going into the UGA game, the volume won't be any louder than it was for the AP game. Winning cures all, and if they haven't, it may be a bit moreso but if they were winning, it wouldn't make a difference.

I opened the T for 4 years (2006-09). When they came out against USC in black was nothing compared to 06 Cal, Florida, LSU, Bama, 07 UGA, USC, Arkansas, etc. If this team is 3-2 or possibly 2-3 going into the UGA game, the volume won't be any louder than it was for the AP game. Winning cures all, and if they haven't, it may be a bit moreso but if they were winning, it wouldn't make a difference.

IDK if i agree with what's in bold. I was at that USC game and at the home Cal game, as well as several others. When they came out for warmups in orange, and then came back out in black, I thought the stadium was gonna fall down. That was the loudest Ive heard Neyland since the early 2000's when we set the attendance record against Florida.

To the OP, I think Butch has a plan for keeping the fanbase and team excited about Tennessee.

E.G. the timing of the recruiting announcements. I wonder if he's not telling these guys to wait and spread it out a little to keep ppl excited and keep eyes on Tennessee.

It would have been really cool to see us run out of the T against UGA in the gray, but I think it really pumped up the team in the middle of camp to get them now! And that's important, keep these boys excited while they get ready to shock the world!

Last edited:
I was at the Cal game and it was 07. Also, I've been to some big games since I was a kid and I can say that the crowd at the USC game when we came out in black was by far the loudest, and that's with the seats under the jumbotron half empty

IDK if i agree with what's in bold. I was at that USC game and at 06 Cal, as well as several others. When they came out for warmups in orange, and then came back out in black, I thought the stadium was gonna fall down. That was the loudest Ive heard Neyland since the early 2000's when we set the attendance record against Florida.

To the OP, I think Butch has a plan for keeping the fanbase and team excited about Tennessee.

E.G. the timing of the recruiting announcements. I wonder if he's not telling these guys to wait and spread it out a little to keep ppl excited and keep eyes on Tennessee.

It would have been really cool to see us run out of the T against UGA in the gray, but I think it really pumped up the team in the middle of camp to get them now! And that's important, keep these boys excited while they get ready to shock the world!

Obviously I was basing it on being on the field. It did get loud for that game, loudest of the year except maybe the opener. However, I still think that if the team was 5-2 (beat UCLA and Auburn) instead of 3-4 going into that game (without rumors or anything) it would've been louder in orange jerseys because they were 5-2 and quite possibly top 25. The jerseys did help considering the were 3-4, but I honestly think that's it. The loudest I've been on the field was the 06 Florida game. I couldn't hear anything from Rocky Top to the kickoff. Can't say the same for USC. Again, that may be just me.

I was at the Cal game and it was 07. Also, I've been to some big games since I was a kid and I can say that the crowd at the USC game when we came out in black was by far the loudest, and that's with the seats under the jumbotron half empty

Cal at Neyland was 06. My first game ever as a student and my first in the Pride. 07 they lost on the road.

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously I was basing it on being on the field. It did get loud for that game, loudest of the year except maybe the opener. However, I still think that if the team was 5-2 (beat UCLA and Auburn) instead of 3-4 going into that game (without rumors or anything) it would've been louder in orange jerseys because they were 5-2 and quite possibly top 25. The jerseys did help considering the were 3-4, but I honestly think that's it. The loudest I've been on the field was the 06 Florida game. I couldn't hear anything from Rocky Top to the kickoff. Can't say the same for USC. Again, that may be just me.

No need to Toot your horn, you did that for four years...

I was speaking from 45 yd line, half way up the lower section, home side. And it seemed pretty loud.

Reactions: 2 people
Before the season(in this case at least) helps keep the momentum going. i.e. recruiting and exposure

I love the new jersey, but i feel if it had been a suprise before a game ...it would have felt more like a gimmick.
Making an announcement like they did, It shows that it was thought through and not some fly by night decision. IMO

I've been at all the games mentioned and it may just be me but that '06 Cal game is the loudest game I've ever attended. The noise level remained insane for the entire game.

About the jerseys, it's good for marketing and merchandise to go ahead and reveal them IMO.

I've been at all the games mentioned and it may just be me but that '06 Cal game is the loudest game I've ever attended. The noise level remained insane for the entire game.

About the jerseys, it's good for marketing and merchandise to go ahead and reveal them IMO.

I agree. That game was insane.

Was my first game as a student too.
That weekend was... remarkable

The gray would still suck.

That is as good an explanation for the support of these ugly-a**ed things as I've seen. If I had wanted to be an alumnus of the University of Oregon I'd have bloody well gone there.

He must have went to your shed to finish.

That is as good an explanation for the support of these ugly-a**ed things as I've seen. If I had wanted to be an alumnus of the University of Oregon I'd have bloody well gone there.

Lmao!
Your butthurtedness is most entertaining!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back