How you beat Oregon...

voladdiction

There are 3 teams that have beaten Oregon in the past few years (that I remember!): Auburn, LSU, and Stanford

All 3 had this in common - they had fantastic play from the D-line. Penetrating their backfield disrupts their rhythm and takes away their main advantage which is getting you to play on your heels, making you susceptible to their speed.

We didn't have a chance today without outstanding play from our D-line. But this has been our achilles heel for many, many years.

We've struggled to recruit and develop outstanding D-lineman.

Who was the last D-lineman for Tennessee that truly dominated? Haynesworth? Henderson?

It's been a long time, fellas.

This is the thing that concerns me most about the immediate future. We don't have any blue-chippers on our team and we don't have any blue-chip recruits in the queue for the near future.

We gotta find a way to dominate up front on defense.

I stopped caring about Oregon as soon as the game ended. It's Florida week. Why focus on "how to beat Oregon" when they just beat us senseless?

Reactions: 2 people
USC beat us 2 years ago too....with offense.
USC has had great talent the last few years, but has played VERY inconsistently.
That particular day Matt Barkley was in the zone, and lit us up.
We also had some costly turnovers.
Came down to a last second field goal, and we missed.
(Same kicker who missed today, we have sucky field goal kicking!)
Final Score, 38-35.

USC beat us 2 years ago too....with offense.
USC has had great talent the last few years, but has played VERY inconsistently.
That particular day Matt Barkley was in the zone, and lit us up.
We also had some costly turnovers.
Came down to a last second field goal, and we missed.
(Same kicker who missed today, we have sucky field goal kicking!)
Final Score, 38-35.

Must suck to lose a whole game every year.

no gameplan that could have been put together by all of the best college football coaches ever would have changed the result of that game today.

yesterday* oops

There are 3 teams that have beaten Oregon in the past few years (that I remember!): Auburn, LSU, and Stanford

All 3 had this in common - they had fantastic play from the D-line. Penetrating their backfield disrupts their rhythm and takes away their main advantage which is getting you to play on your heels, making you susceptible to their speed.

We didn't have a chance today without outstanding play from our D-line. But this has been our achilles heel for many, many years.

We've struggled to recruit and develop outstanding D-lineman.

Who was the last D-lineman for Tennessee that truly dominated? Haynesworth? Henderson?

It's been a long time, fellas.

This is the thing that concerns me most about the immediate future. We don't have any blue-chippers on our team and we don't have any blue-chip recruits in the queue for the near future.

We gotta find a way to dominate up front on defense.

The only chance that we had against the Quacks was to find a way to pressure Mariiota into committing to the play before it developed. What disillusioned me the most was that we did not have any defensive pressure packages prepared for this game.

Another consideration is that we can't defend triplets. The ducks used trips to run off our coverage and flared their RB underneath; our LBs never adjusted to this.

And last but not least, our LBs were keying off of the offensive line motion. The ducks line motioned in one direction, and the play was usually a counter pass or run (in the opposite direction); our LBs were caught out of position play after play after...

This is not good.

VN Store

Back