Hubbs on 104.5

Orange Blazer

You serious Clark?
Poster in VQ does a great job summarizing this.

"QB Race? right now the odds on favorite to start vs. APU will be Worley. Both FR have been impressive with their comand and play. played like FR at times but also like SO/JR. will play multiple QB's this season but if Worley is strong out of the gate that might change. Ferguson and Dobbs are pushing. Peterman has done some decent work during 11 on11's. challenge for Peterman is to get the ball out of his hands quicker, see the field quicker. all are taking pretty good care of the football and Worley is making the fewer mistakes. The biggest challenge is who will make a play on offense.

Secondary? more athletic. Coleman has confidence. Randolph gives every one confidence. with out him last yr the D gave up 7 plays over 70 yards. McNeil has had a good camp. gotten mentally in tune. plays more athletic than Moore and thats why he will start. Other side there are not many options. In a dream world you do not want to start a FR but they do not have an option. Thats is why they signed so many CBs. Jones will be out for a while. It is down to Sutton and Foreman with Sutton getting the nod. Sutton has been more consistant.

Peyton back in the day locked Brandon Stewart out of the film room. What has been the relationship level between the 4 QB's? very helpful to each other. teaching each other. veterans teaching the FR. they are friends outside of FB.

Worley is the only one with any experience in real games. the rest are unknowns. right now everyone feels they will get an opportunity to show what they can do. I dont care who is playing QB, if the receivers are not going to catch it consistant enough and make plays when plays present themselves the QB will have a hard time.

North? Are they gushing over North because he can be a difference maker or are they gushing because of what TN has with the other receivers not holding on to the ball? North has had is drops as well. North has all the tangibles. speed and strength. looks the part. asking him to do a whole lot really fast. not spoon feeding. learning all positions and probably will start. he can go make a play but the challenge is learning what to do to get the ball in his hands.

SEC Basketball schedule released? Tuff road games for TN? gaunlet for sure. playing at Bama has been horrific over the yrs. playing in Lexington with no return trip. twice a week venture. tuff non-conference as well. Virginia, Xavier, NC St, Wichita ST. Martin has made it clear its the responsibility of the conference to play a tuff schedule. help with RPI

couple of days off for the FB team? want to get their legs back. its been a grind. done some walk through stuff. cleaning up some schematics. game prep on Monday. getting legs and mind right now.

Brewer? good story. has won starting job with Maggitt not ready. Jancek admitted that when he left spring he did not know if Brewer could help. Brewer put the work in over the summer and now Jancek is convinced he can help

Recruiting rankings? Many of the players have gone up? Could be a negative with that because other big programs will go after these player? ( stupid question from Mark Howard..they are already big time schools after our studs). that intensity will be there any way. when a school gets a commitment the league takes notice. other schools will look to see if they missed anything concerning the player. says a lot about the staffs evaluation. look at Mouhon, his brother played for Butch and the relationship was there. his ranking went up. Helm's rankings have gone up. they will have to work hard to hold on to the class and they know that.

OL Coach Mahoney? smart on their part to keep things normal. not a complete overhaul. kept some stuff the same. Butch has challenged them publically. Mahoney challenges them to be more physical. they have gotten better and more physical

Recruiting? Hurd getting its 5th star? really good performance in Columbus. the only camp he was healthy to perform at. there has been some misconception about Hurd and the camps. Hurd wanted to camp quite a bit but was not healthy. his focus was getting healthy for his team and season. He knew where he is going to school. was not going to camps to earn scholarships. not going to jeopardize his season for ranking purposes. Hurd is playing both ways. he is just as fun to watch play Defense than offense. dont get me wrong he is a college running back all the way but he brings a load on defense. "

Reactions: 57 people
I could see Hurd playing a lot his freshman year.

Split reps at RB, and then some special teams play maybe.

That's hilarious about Peyton locking Brandon Stewart out of the film room.

And yeah Hurd will play a lot no matter what, but if Lane has a good year, I would think he would still be the starter as a senior next year for sure.

Reactions: 3 people
well lets see. We have a LB who we brought in as running back on goal line situations. Do we how have a RB we bring in at LB for goal line defense, :eek:lol:

GO VOLS Its almost football time in Tennessee !!!

1364269687556.gif

Reactions: 1 person
he would start and get 80% of carries this year for the Vols.

He runs too upright and will be moved to WR, TE, LB or kicker once he gets on the hill. Doesn't matter anyway because our OLine will be terrible next year and we wont have any talent on the roster.........

ahhhh, I can't do it. I was gonna see what if feels like to be an eternal pessimist (negavol) but I just don't have it in me..... :)

Hurd is gonna be a stud. I think we will be back sooner than a lot of people believe.

Reactions: 4 people
I could see Hurd playing a lot his freshman year.

Split reps at RB, and then some special teams play maybe.

I see 4 years starting and the chance to become a Vol legend.

On a side note, anyone else from the mid-state area going to the Beech opener against Station Camp this Sunday?

Haven't read a post that long through and through in a long time. Awesome op very much appreciated.

Reactions: 2 people
The thing about Peyton Manning is he came in wanting it bad and he got it. I remember Brandon Stewart was bigger faster & stronger but Peyton worked his butt off if only all freshman came in with that attitude

Reactions: 2 people
I actually like Mark Howard. He's the only one that can ask sensible, legitimate questions about college football. Frank Wychek asks questions my 5 year-old would. If I hear him ask Hyams or Hubbs about the new UT facilities again (which would be about the 10th time he's asked the same question), may jump through the radio and strangle him...

VN Store

Back