Hunter Reese at the US Open Tennis Tourney

hbvol1982

#GBO 🍊
I am in NYC, and got to watch Hunter Reese (UT) and Peter Kobelt (Ohio State) play doubles against the 10th seeded team of Nicolas Mahut and Michael Llodra (French). While the college boys lost to the pros 6-4, 6-1, they played really well early and showed the fans some high-quality tennis. For the un-initiated men's doubles at that level can only be described as "Crazy Fast" with milliseconds sometimes between volleys at the net. While I heard no one say "Go Vols" I think the area behind the baseline on court 10 was filled with every Vol fan in the greater NYC area. They were loud and rowdy pulling for Hunter. I was really proud to be a Tennessee Vol! :clapping:

I am in NYC, and got to watch Hunter Reese (UT) and Peter Kobelt (Ohio State) play doubles against the 10th seeded team of Nicolas Mahut and Michael Llodra (French). While the college boys lost to the pros 6-4, 6-1, they played really well early and showed the fans some high-quality tennis. For the un-initiated men's doubles at that level can only be described as "Crazy Fast" with milliseconds sometimes between volleys at the net. While I heard no one say "Go Vols" I think the area behind the baseline on court 10 was filled with every Vol fan in the greater NYC area. They were loud and rowdy pulling for Hunter. I was really proud to be a Tennessee Vol! :clapping:

Awesome!

I watched some professional doubles (two young pups v. the Bryan Brothers) at the Citi Open, and your description is spot on. I prefer the singles game, but doubles is fun to watch and you get to see some crazy skill from the players.

How come Hunter wasn't teamed up with Mikelis?

VN Store

Back