Hunting Basket for Hubby

BigOrangeGirl

So I’ve decided to try to be a nice wife for once 😉😂 and make my husband a hunting basket for the opening weekend of turkey season, which I believe to be this weekend (if I listened to him correctly). I’m going to do some snacks and some hot hands… any ideas of stuff that would be good but not necessarily super expensive? I’m not much of an outdoor person, so I don’t know what might be useful. I appreciate any help!

Camo gear (unless he already has plenty), shotgun shells, bug/chigger spray, gift cards to outdoor stores so he can buy calls, decoys, etc. that you probably don't know enough about to buy, renew his hunting license (if you renew it this far in advance), small camo backpack to carry his stuff in to the woods. There's a few ideas.

When you buy hot hands, get some of the ones that have adhesive spots for putting on your socks. At least for me, my feet get colder than anything else. A nice set of wool socks are really nice too.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Not sure of your budget and no way of knowing what he actually has but here's a few things that might at least give you some ideas. (even if not the specific items cited)

I'm guessing anything you give him will be appreciated.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Check to see what county near you has a National Wild Turkey Chapter and get him (and you) two tickets to their annual fundraiser dinner/auction. Throw them in the basket for a "date night" for the two of you.

The one near me is an absolute blast! The food is top notch, and our area volunteers put together an amazing set of auction items.

Just in case there is any doubt

Reactions: StarRaider

Thank you! You know the poor guy was about to be in for a long night!

It's about time! See turkeys this time of year like crazy. I'll see 30+ at a time in our fields along with the 12+ deer at a time. Been turkey hunting maybe once or twice, so had no idea a fall season was finally legalized.

Reactions: Wireless1
It's about time! See turkeys this time of year like crazy. I'll see 30+ at a time in our fields along with the 12+ deer at a time. Been turkey hunting maybe once or twice, so had no idea a fall season was finally legalized.
That's probably why there are 30+ turkeys in your field ;)

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back