I’m guessing that Florida will be the Checkered Neyland game.

Vfl2407

The September non conference home games don’t have enough pizazz to merit it and it seems like we always have chosen a conference game.
Dont think we’d ever do it for Alabama.
Games after that in November, UK and MSU, might be too cold. How many people have white coats 🧥?

So there you have it, IMHO.
circle October 12 on your calendar to lay out your orange or white clothing, depending on your seat location.

Hmm. I’mma be contrarian.

If Tennessee looks good - really good - early, then they’ll checker Bama. That’d be a signature moment. Unparalleled marketing opportunity.

If Tennessee’s not quite ready to dominate, then agreed, checker Florida. Safer.
My other reason is that Bama travels much better than Florida.
so you don’t have as much discoloration of our checkerboard with Florida than you do with Bama.

There will be a lot more night games this season. Have we ever Checkered Neyland at night? I believe the Florida game is flexed for a night game.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I am agreeing with OP. There isn't that bad a chance of Florida coming into the game at 5-0.

Their schedule isn't necessarily easy but all of the first 5 games are feasible for Florida to win.

Reactions: IndianaVol
No. They love Pigeon Forge and Dollywood. They unhitch their trailers and head north for TSIO every two years.

I used to work in Pigeon Forge and they have a lot of great tourist attraction options.

I met visitors from Canada when I worked up there.

Wear whatever you want, but after the way their fans acted last year, the Vols better completely destroy them. Unlinke UFl fans, we can all be decent humans after our Vols send them home with a big fat L.

IMHO nothing beats Neyland checkered, NOTHING!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Checkered Vandy would be spectacular, too. I think the home team could at least wear white to show some appreciation for their one sellout every two years.

I hear they’ve rented out naming rights for their stadium, too. For $1000 you can put a power T on the 50 yard line.

VN Store

Back