I For One Say Let Banks Back

JSB2277

I say if this kid is dedicated enough to pay his own way, surely we can find a spot for him on our football team. He really doesnt have any character/teammate issues and it really would be a shame to see someone with so much talent waste it by sitting on his ass all day

Well some agree and some do not! My only concerns would be he'd again cause problems, but the same hand think that he wouldnt! He'd have much much more to lose by making another mistake.

The only on field issue that i can remember was he still insisted on getting a shot at QB after he'd show'n he was a top notch WR.

The QB and WR positions are covered and soundly. But we are lacking at the return game, and arent as solid as we could be at Safety's.

Id be happy to see it work out for him! But IMO dont see CPF letting him.

If that is the case why even kick him off the team, he had 5 or 6 chances and blew everyone. He has no right to be on the team.

heck no....let Banks go.......no need to return to the scene of his past transgresssion.....I'm all for giving James a frsh start ...just not at UT....

Let him stay off. Fulmer is doing the right thing in penalizing misconduct. It will only help his respect with the players.

We don't need him back. We already have enough depth at reciever anyway. We can't risk another potential problem either.

Originally posted by JSB2277@May 22, 2005 2:28 PM
He really doesnt have any character/teammate issues...
[snapback]97162[/snapback]​

That depends on what you mean by 'character'. I believe James Banks sure as hell has some serious character problems.

On the other hand, three strikes doesn't always mean that you are 'out' with Coach Fulmer.

Has CPF ever let a guy back on the team after being dismissed and missing an entire season? I think Phil gave Banks every chance to remain on the team and all of those chances were used up. At some point there has to be a consequence for an action.

It is pretty easy to build character after the fact. He should take this an apply it to his next opportunity at whatever school will allow him to play for them.

Why not let the team vote on it? I mean, if he is paying for the ride, and the TEAM doesn't have a problem with it, why not? And as a side thought....make sure he is aware and willing to play wherever the coaches need him to play. No whining about QB. IMHO GO VOLS!

Originally posted by volmanbill@May 23, 2005 6:35 PM
Why not let the team vote on it?
[snapback]97443[/snapback]​

I don't think CPF would go for that. This is a decision that needs to come from the top and the top only.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 23, 2005 7:26 PM
I don't think CPF would go for that.  This is a decision that needs to come from the top and the top only.
[snapback]97446[/snapback]​

I agree. That could split a team. :nono:

Good point. It would be interesting however, to know what that vote would be. :dunno:

Was Banks the one who brought the fake penis filled with someone else's urine to the drug test and got caught? :dlol: :dlol:

It would be a terrible, and perhaps catastrophic, decision for Fulmer to allow a player reinstatement after already blowing his "last chance." This team needs rules and direction, and Phil is providing just that.

Originally posted by JSB2277@May 22, 2005 1:28 PM
I say if this kid is dedicated enough to pay his own way, surely we can find a spot for him on our football team. He really doesnt have any character/teammate issues and it really would be a shame to see someone with so much talent waste it by sitting on his ass all day
[snapback]97162[/snapback]​

Please don't take him back. Just kidding, but I remember that he was really a good player. I think the last time you guys were in Tuscaloosa and we had all the overtimes. I think he beat us by himself. He kept having good plays. It's a shame that a kid with that much promise can make such a mistake.

VN Store

Back