I hope the B1G and SEC get the ACC, Big12, Notre Dame, and a few of the higher playing level remaining G5s

volbound1700

and go make a new division. Dump most these G5 schools that have 0 shot at National Title.

Perhaps keep a few of the G5s that have historically been stronger like Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force, or Appalachian State but dump the rest.

and go make a new division. Dump most these G5 schools that have 0 shot at National Title.

Perhaps keep a few of the G5s that have historically been stronger like Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force, or Appalachian State but dump the rest.
I’m afraid the new setup is more likely to dump the lower F4 than adopt the upper G5. Vandy, Rutgers, Wake Forest, etc.

Last edited:
I’m afraid the new setup is more likely to dump the lower FBS than adopt the upper FCS. Vandy, Rutgers, Wake Forest, etc.
Not sure how FCS teams factor in. None of the teams mentioned are FCS schools.

I could see some of the G5 going away. But they aren't going to reduce the P4 conferences. They'd have to shorten the season. Schools aren't going to drop their "cupcake" games either. Both of those things mean less money for the conferences/schools and you may have a problem with the TV contracts if there are fewer games. At least half of the G5 is going to be along for the ride IMO.

Reactions: Vols410

Yes schools like Vandy, Wake Forrest, UConn, Villanova, and all the just basketball schools can go form their own league. Let the big 40 to 50 be their own league.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not sure how FCS teams factor in. None of the teams mentioned are FCS schools.

I could see some of the G5 going away. But they aren't going to reduce the P4 conferences. They'd have to shorten the season. Schools aren't going to drop their "cupcake" games either. Both of those things mean less money for the conferences/schools and you may have a problem with the TV contracts if there are fewer games. At least half of the G5 is going to be along for the ride IMO.
Yup, I misspoke. Was thinking P4/G5 and FBS/FCS came out.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back