I just love this sort of thing

OldVol

They've officially destroyed any hope of USC repeating.

When they start all of this talk of Dynasty, it just blows any team out of the water.

I wasn't around, but I've read about the talk of a Dynasty to start the 1946 season. Army had just won back to back NCs. A late season Tie against ND cost them the championship, but even more telling; they only beat Navy by 3 and Navy was 1/8 that year.

Then Notre Dame reeled off back to back titles in 46 and 47. Guess what, yep; more talk of a Dynasty. What happens? They tied Southern Cal in the last game of the season and lost the title to Michigan. Now, is that poetic justice or what?

Then in 55 and 56 it was Oklahoma. Oh yeah, "They'll repeat," the experts said. You guessed it; they lost a heart breaker to ND, 0 to 7 and lost the title to a 10/0 Auburn team.

I remember the days of the 64 and 65 Bama Championships. "Oh baby, they'll threepeat in 66 as sure as you're born," squealed the pundits. So they lose the AP title to a ND team that had a tie, while the Tide were 11/0 that year. Do you see what's happening here? It's the Dynasty, threepeat jinx.

The same thing happened to Nebraska in 70 and 71, they're on their way to a threepeat, a dynasty if you will, and they lose the season opener and go 9/2/1.

Oklahoma again in 74 and 75, then Bama again in 78 and 79, then Nebraska in 94 and 95 and none of them yet have had the true dynasty.

It ain't gonna happen sports fans.

USC will not win a threepeat. Besides, it wouldn't be a real threepeat, it would only be a repeat and a half.

For once, I’m agreeing with ESPN. Yep, talk up that threepeat. Call it a dynasty.

The Jinx of the ‘D’ word is at work.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview05/co...ivan&id=2129472

You never know, but even as good as USC looks, it's highly improbable.

It'll be interesting to see how USC's offense fares when they are "Chow-less".

From a logical standpoint, the "Chow" effect is still heavy at USC. I believe if there is a decline in their offense, it will not show until 2006, when either Mark Sanchez or John David Booty start taking snaps.

The Hogs will lay one on them, Kentucky and Mississippi State will play for the SEC title and Ron Zook will lead the figthing Illini to an undefeated national championship in his first season.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 9, 2005 9:10 PM
The Hogs will lay one on them, Kentucky and Mississippi State will play for the SEC title and Ron Zook will lead the figthing Illini to an undefeated national championship in his first season.
[snapback]124976[/snapback]​

Should I be wishing for one of those giants on left coast to end thier reign?

It depends. Some say the beasts in Urbana-Champaign can't be stopped. :birgits_giggle:

USC will be wise not to under estimate the Hogs.

Texas learned that the hard way in the 2nd game of the 03 season and paid a high price for it.

I don't know what the Red Sox might have to do with football history, but the history is very much stacked against the Trojans.

There's never been a team win 3 titles in a row and I believe USC is in for huge surprises when they take the field without Orgeron and Chow.

Folks need to remember that not only did they lose what is arguably the best OC in college, they also lost a whale of a defensive coach as well as the assistant head coach in Orgeron.

I don't predict them to fall apart in 05 but I do predict a loss. Fortunately for everyone else, that's all it will probably take.

I thought USC's kiss of death last season would be letting Snoop Dogg practice with the team. I heard he even made a rap video with them.

Even that didn't stop them, though.

This year's Arkansas team should be a far cry from that team that beat Texas. I don't think the Trojans will break a sweat against the Hogs. I do think they'll lose at least once this season, though.

VN Store

Back