I know people may think this going to be a stupid idea

jhunter11

But why dont we run 2 QBs in Dobbs and Ferguson and just go with the one that gives us the best chance to win the game. Kind of like Ainge and Schaeffer? I know people are gonna say you cant put freshmen in with our schedule that we are about to have but were gonna be playn these same teams every year. Obviously Worley isnt gonna do it and teams are just gonna load the box and play the run. What do you guys think. Just an idea.

Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
I could see something like this happening by the end of the year.

if they can make the right protection checks and put us in the right plays.i say yes,let them play.

But why dont we run 2 QBs in Dobbs and Ferguson and just go with the one that gives us the best chance to win the game. Kind of like Ainge and Schaeffer? I know people are gonna say you cant put freshmen in with our schedule that we are about to have but were gonna be playn these same teams every year. Obviously Worley isnt gonna do it and teams are just gonna load the box and play the run. What do you guys think. Just an idea.

Go Vols

What about peterman?

Let's see what the next 3 games bring. Hopefully, Peterman gets his shot the next 3 games heading into the bye week. If they are sitting at 2-4 or look bad going 3-3; it's probably time for the newbies.

It's going to be a very tough year no matter what. We just lost 3 slots, 2 DTs, TE, and our QB is not a running threat and we have young WRs. Not good.

If all the qbs are going to miss targets throw picks etc...which we may never know, at least one may have some swagger doing it and not look like a little bish worley.

It's going to be a very tough year no matter what. We just lost 3 slots, 2 DTs, TE, and our QB is not a running threat and we have young WRs. Not good.

Yup, and we just started playing real teams. Don't forget about Sapp

I am for trying anything that doesn't result in 59-14 beatdowns.

Well then case solved. No other team can destroy us like that. Alabama and Georgia can put up a lot of points but both will burn clock once they score in 40s if it got to that.

Idk I'm torn on this question. We have a very experienced o-line to protect the young QBs. So that would help with there lack of experience. So...what do you do? Play for the future or try and win now. It's a hard decision to have to make. It's not like any of the QBs really know the O better than the other. It's everyone's first year running it. The logical answer is play the upperclassmen. After all Worley does have game time experience. How long should that be your decision maker? I don't envy CBJs.

Idk I'm torn on this question. We have a very experienced o-line to protect the young QBs. So that would help with there lack of experience. So...what do you do? Play for the future or try and win now. It's a hard decision to have to make. It's not like any of the QBs really know the O better than the other. It's everyone's first year running it. The logical answer is play the upperclassmen. After all Worley does have game time experience. How long should that be your decision maker? I don't envy CBJs.

No question tough decisions. Can someone refresh my memory of which of our players when interviewed about The Clawfense struggles in 08. They were asked something like "Dave Clawson says it is a 2 year system to get going properly". (Paraphrasing of course) But the response was like "Bump that! Im a Senior"!!!

5 wins is all I can see. Maybe not that many . South Alabama beat Western Ky. So we could lose that one, Vandy, Auburn, easily. You do the math. I think we can beat Kentucky. I see no reason for not playing the two freshmen. More than likely they will not play their full 4 years of eligibility anyway.

Last edited:
Based on bama's performance yesterday and compared to us right now they will put up over 50 on us again and depending on our QB and such I think we will be lucky to score 10 if that. Bama imho could be worse then the Oregon game. I'm almost resigned to the point we may not win but 4-5 this season. Next yr like yall are saying will be bar too.... I just want all this frustration to go away and we can enjoy watching Vols football again!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I know it's a totally different position, but I remember UT taking too long to play a freshman Jamal Lewis and him blowing up on day 1. You never know what will happen when these guys get on the field. I realize that's the exception, but I want to see one of those guys, or Peterman, get a shot in some real game time.

VN Store

Back