I posted the other day that Wiesman was impressing...

TechnoVol

This was based on what I was being told by a couple of people at practice. Now hearing that he'll likely be the next to lose the black stripe as he continues to gain more respect of his teammates and coaches. Looking like we have someone who will be able to step in next season as a starter and this year in the rotation.

Reactions: 1 person
Nice. I think our line will be solid even after losibg lots this year and will surprise people with how little production drops off

Nice. I think our line will be solid even after losibg lots this year and will surprise people with how little production drops off

I do too. Kerbyson, Jackson, and Crowder all have All SEC potential. Stick Wiesman and Sanders or Kendrick (who's also getting good practice reviews) in there and you have a solid starting 5. If we can add a JUCO OT like Blair, even better.

Reactions: 2 people
When he got in Big Macs face after a play you could tell he was going to be a good Vol

When he got in Big Macs face after a play you could tell he was going to be a good Vol

Not really smart for a true freshman.But I love the fight in him.Possible future captain and def leader on the O line. I feel this is what we have been missing the last few years.We have needed that nasty mean streak in our O line.I loved Tom Myslinski, Kevin Mays, Trey Teague. These guys were all punishers and finishers.

Not really smart for a true freshman.But I love the fight in him.Possible future captain and def leader on the O line. I feel this is what we have been missing the last few years.We have needed that nasty mean streak in our O line.I loved Tom Myslinski, Kevin Mays, Trey Teague. These guys were all punishers and finishers.

He only outweighs him by 30 lbs. not out of the realm of possibility that Dylan whoops his ass. Highly unlikely tho. Word on mys mays and Teague. If he plays like them we'll be alright

Also, Pair is apparently vastly improved. He's currently running with the 2's and is looking like he could be a major contributor next year

Butch Jones ‏@UTCoachJones 1m
2nd stripe of camp has come off! Tiny has taken off Dylan Wiesman's black stripe! #VFL Instagram

Attachments

• ut.jpg
    ut.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
d_wiesman71
10 minutes ago
Got my stripe off! #GoVols

be66ef2e029e11e3946d22000a9f4db8_7.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Need him and Sanders on the right side next season

I thought, and maybe hoped for, redshirt seasons to develop the core of our future offensive line, was possible...but it's smarter to develop them as depth at present. Weisman and Sanders are going to be beasts for us and Kendrick will probably be the same caliber...under the radar...And think...this was Butch's throwaway first class!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Also, Pair is apparently vastly improved. He's currently running with the 2's and is looking like he could be a major contributor next year

I haven't heard that. Great to hear because we're short on true tackles. Once I saw he started fall camp behind Kendrick, I figured he might be done.

VN Store

Back