I think Nico needs to run a lot more, no?

I think Heup has avoided running him at all costs (there was one called run play for him in the UF game by my count). We may not have a choice. Teams are blitzing corners, safeties, and LBs at will. The box is crowded. That’s the book on us. To change that we will have to either install more designed qb runs, short/quick RPOs, hit on some of the deep shots we’ve been missing, or a combo of all 3.

Our biggest issue is the liability at L tackle, and to a lesser extent, at R tackle. Cant let their deficiencies affect the game as much as it has.

I was thinking something similar yesterday. He strikes me as someone that needs to have the freedom to create on the field. I think that showed in the Iowa game last year. I hope the coaches aren’t hog tying him into a qb that he isn’t naturally.

It seems likev everytime especially last year, when he runs, it opens things up so much. Agree?
I agree. I think he needs to check his progressions faster then take off. If the wide receivers are open quick enough, get out fast. I know the o-line isn’t doing a great job, but you can’t expect theme to hold a pocket for 4-5 seconds. He may have been asked not to run to stay healthy?

I was thinking something similar yesterday. He strikes me as someone that needs to have the freedom to create on the field. I think that showed in the Iowa game last year. I hope the coaches aren’t hog tying him into a qb that he isn’t naturally.
Iowa's defense is slower than frozen whale chit

If we're going to run him more, this is the game to do it. Huge game. Rivalry. SEC championship and possible playoff implications. Plus a bye next week to recover if dinged up.

Reactions: feathersax
I think they should have some designed runs but should 100 percent roll him out a lot on Saturday to give him the option to pass or run. He looked more comfortable when doing that last week against the gators.

The offense absolutley needs Nico to run more. They need to draw up QB designed runs as well so he stops overthinking during RPO's. He could easily beat these DEs to the outside edge.

Also, look no further than all of Nico's successful completions last game. Nearly all were on rollouts where Nico was on the move.

Reactions: Alto1
Whether he runs it or throws it, he needs to decide to do said option quicker. This is why Hooker did so well, he made his read very, very fast. Hopefully, someone will pull some old tapes and take note. GBO!

Reactions: 08Vol
Hooker ran a lot, you think heupel is protecting Nico due to NIL plus hooker wasn’t his recruit? IOW he saw hooker as expendable.
Amazes me the stuff people come up with.

I think Nico being a young player. Heupel would prefer he wouldn’t run, take a lot of hits and would work through his reads. Hooker I’m sure he didn’t want to take hits either but he probably trusted him to run when all his reads were covered; Hooker also knew by what the defense showed pre snap where the ball was going most of the time and knew when to take off. Nico needs to be quicker in deciding what he needs to do but the game hasn’t slowed down for him yet.

Boy I bet Heupel is glad you mentioned that. Fans football IQ has been declining over the last few decades, football games aren’t always pretty. Teams can look great one week and struggle the next. The SEC has talented players on every team just like all power 5 teams. Upsets and near upsets often happen. It’s the excitement of college football, you can’t get to high or to low and you have to be ready every week. Some of you all need to think back to the days of Jones,Dooley and Pruitt to where we are now under Heupel. Hey, were 5-1 and getting ready to play Bama at home. We win this one and we get a bye with momentum for a stretch run. GBO!!!!!

We need to call more of the read options where he decides to pull it or not and the actual run pass options. The drop back passing is getting him hit too much. His reads are off sometimes and when he does see it right the mechanics are off a bit.

VN Store

Back