If anyone still hurts from 01

Atreus21

You guys might be comforted to see the overall UT vs. LSU series since 1903. UT OWNS the series at (unless I counted a bit wrong) 19-5-3. The last tie, I think, was in 86 or 7. Fun when you actually keep track of the overall record. Kinda puts things in perspective. The closest race for LSU is currently with Auburn. As of their win over us last season, they have a one game lead on the series.

Just some useless info as we all count the milliseconds till kickoff.

Edit: My mistake. LSU leads the Auburn series currently 19-14-1. Still close.

That's good to know. Although, I am not sure how many of those 19 wins came against teams with as much talent as this years LSU team.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jul 31, 2005 12:38 AM
That's good to know. Although, I am not sure how many of those 19 wins came against teams with as much talent as this years LSU team.
[snapback]119940[/snapback]​

Well sure. Two of our wins, and only one of the losses, were under Saban, since 2000. UT vs. LSU is an odd series. When we played at Death Valley in 2000, it was the first matchup since '92. Strange that SEC teams would take such a long hiatus. When did they institute the rotation between UT and UGA doing home and away games with LSU for two seasons at a time?

I think that all happened when the SEC split, right?

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jul 31, 2005 1:01 AM
I think that all happened when the SEC split, right?
[snapback]119968[/snapback]​

Oh yeah that's right. I'd forgotten that.

It is a shame though that we don't get to play you guys more often. But we will have to live with beating Bama every year for now. :lol:

Bama and UT will have it out every year! Well until Bama and fans find a way out of the SEC. Im sure the UA,& AD and other heads of the University will not have any of that noise.....Just fans gasping for air?

LSU on our schedule deserves respect......Its a SEC, east/west game that sets a tone for the rest of the SEC....When Auburn is up and up' same deal...Myself highlight LSU or Auburn long before kick off....As for us? Its as big as our East battles......

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jul 30, 2005 11:34 PM
You guys might be comforted to see the overall UT vs. LSU series since 1903.  UT OWNS the series at (unless I counted a bit wrong) 19-5-3.  The last tie, I think, was in 86 or 7.  Fun when you actually keep track of the overall record.  Kinda puts things in perspective.  The closest race for LSU is currently with Auburn.  As of their win over us last season, they have a one game lead on the series.

Just some useless info as we all count the milliseconds till kickoff.

Edit:  My mistake.  LSU leads the Auburn series currently 19-14-1.  Still close.
[snapback]119932[/snapback]​

It helps a little...........I guess!!! There are still open wounds here though. :wacko:

Me too. The season matchup against the Bayou Bengals in Neyland that year was one of the most exciting games I've had the privelige to be at... but I think our guys took it for granted in Hotlanta and let it get away from them... I still shake my head at all those idiots that took roses to that game.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Jul 31, 2005 2:33 PM
I wish the bama series rotated every 10 years
[snapback]120079[/snapback]​

NO WAY!!! Nothing can make a good football season great like beating Bama. Plus, in 7 years we will even the series and that will be a great day!

I'm glad we are so ahead in the overall series with LSU.

Then again, how many of those wins came with a national title shot on the line?

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jul 31, 2005 12:52 AM
Well sure.  Two of our wins, and only one of the losses, were under Saban, since 2000.  UT vs. LSU is an odd series.  When we played at Death Valley in 2000, it was the first matchup since '92.  Strange that SEC teams would take such a long hiatus.  When did they institute the rotation between UT and UGA doing home and away games with LSU for two seasons at a time?
[snapback]119957[/snapback]​

The original rotation was insituted in 1992. The new rotation was instituted in 2003, I believe. This is the rotation that gives each school one permanent opposite division foe, and two rotating every two years. This means we'll see LSU again in 2010, as opposed to 10 years from now.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Aug 2, 2005 1:13 AM
This means we'll see LSU again in 2010, as opposed to 10 years from now.
[snapback]120668[/snapback]​

I knew I liked the old format better. :D

Nah, I like this one better. While the Arkansas series brought some interesting games, the rivalry they wanted to create never happened. I'm glad they have split it up some.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Aug 2, 2005 2:11 PM
Nah, I like this one better.  While the Arkansas series brought some interesting games, the rivalry they wanted to create never happened.  I'm glad they have split it up some.
[snapback]120761[/snapback]​

Yeah, the media tried to play up an LSU/Arkansas rivalry too, since neither team has a real rival anymore. Called it a border war. :huh:

VN Store

Back