If i wasn't already a fan of CBJ....

1allvol

I would be after reading the story in the TFP of his visit to The Orange Grove Center in Chattanooga yesterday. Great stuff, but i love this part...

Such as the 2009 game between Butch Jones' Central Michigan team and Michigan State.
Struggling the whole time against the No. 12 Spartans, his Chippewas pulled within 27-26 with 32 seconds to play. Jones elected to go for the two-point conversion rather than try his luck with overtime. The two-pointer failed.
Weeks before, as CMU was in the middle of training camp, the coach's father passed away. On that final night at the hospital, Jones asked the nurses for the ID bracelet his father had been wearing. He put it in his pocket for good luck, placing it there every day.
After the two-pointer came up short, Jones ordered an onside kick -- "which we practiced every day and it never worked," he related with a smile.
This time it did, however. And a few seconds and two pass plays later, the Chippewas found themselves with a 42-yard field-goal attempt to steal an unlikely win.
"I went up to our kicker on the sideline, and you could tell he was pretty nervous," Jones said. "I pulled out my father's ID bracelet and put it in his hands. I said, 'You kick it and my dad will take care of the rest.'"
Replied kicker Andrew Aguila: "I can do that."
Bending it like Beckham, as the soccer guys say, he did exactly that, coaxing the ball through the uprights for a 29-27 win.
In the indomitable spirit of the Orange Grove Center, that's focusing on what you can do rather than what you can't. That's how you grow smiles by the miles.

http://www.volnation.com/social/favorites/favorite-stories/add/240047/

Reactions: 66 people
Dad's ID bracelet must've had those mystical magical holograms in them that keep your body's balance frequencies in tune with the world frequencies around you.

Awesome story.

Here's to hoping that he makes some of those types of legends in Knoxville!!!!

I would be after reading the story in the TFP of his visit to The Orange Grove Center in Chattanooga yesterday. Great stuff, but i love this part...

Such as the 2009 game between Butch Jones' Central Michigan team and Michigan State.
Struggling the whole time against the No. 12 Spartans, his Chippewas pulled within 27-26 with 32 seconds to play. Jones elected to go for the two-point conversion rather than try his luck with overtime. The two-pointer failed.
Weeks before, as CMU was in the middle of training camp, the coach's father passed away. On that final night at the hospital, Jones asked the nurses for the ID bracelet his father had been wearing. He put it in his pocket for good luck, placing it there every day.
After the two-pointer came up short, Jones ordered an onside kick -- "which we practiced every day and it never worked," he related with a smile.
This time it did, however. And a few seconds and two pass plays later, the Chippewas found themselves with a 42-yard field-goal attempt to steal an unlikely win.
"I went up to our kicker on the sideline, and you could tell he was pretty nervous," Jones said. "I pulled out my father's ID bracelet and put it in his hands. I said, 'You kick it and my dad will take care of the rest.'"
Replied kicker Andrew Aguila: "I can do that."
Bending it like Beckham, as the soccer guys say, he did exactly that, coaxing the ball through the uprights for a 29-27 win.
In the indomitable spirit of the Orange Grove Center, that's focusing on what you can do rather than what you can't. That's how you grow smiles by the miles.

http://www.volnation.com/social/favorites/favorite-stories/add/240047/

Is this true? I don't go for sappy stories much, but that is a good one.

That was a very good read on CBJ. You truly have to know each and every member on your team, not as players, but individuals to get the best out of them. I have faith that CBJ will get us there because he honestly cares about our team and how well the individuals progress, rather than score on the board.

:hi:

Please someone go to all Knoxville area hospitals and round up as many id bracelets as possible for Palardy.

Reactions: 5 people
This story should be red by all you people that think we have no chance aginst oregon. If cmu can beat mic st then we can beat oregon

Guys? Coach Jones lost his father at the time this took place. I wish you wouldn't feel the need to joke at every opportunity.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back