If we lose this game...

Jethro

I agree horrible play calling. Too many runs up the middle. Wake up Sanders !!
You Dummy !!

Please remember not to use profanity on the board

Let Ainge decide the plays, he can do it better than Sanders is right now. At least our defense is keeping us in.

We didn't lose.

Any win over 'bama is a GOOD WIN!!!

GO VOLS!!!

I thought some of the play calling was suspect as well. Not one of Sanders better days but he got the job done.

Wow, I was thinking the same thing about our side. It's 4th down and 5 (I think). We havent completed a pass over 15 yards all day, so what play does our offensive guru's call? Deep pass! Forget the tight ends or dumping it off to a back. Throw it at far as you can!

Yeah the guy was open, but the pass wasn't within 10 yards of him. Result. INT and game.

Oh well. It only hurts until they show the pretty cheerleaders again. Lol!

Congrats gang on a hard-fought and well earned victory.

:)

Originally posted by Tidefan@Oct 23, 2004 9:47 PM
Wow, I was thinking the same thing about our side. It's 4th down and 5 (I think). We havent completed a pass over 15 yards all day, so what play does our offensive guru's call? Deep pass! Forget the tight ends or dumping it off to a back. Throw it at far as you can!

Yeah the guy was open, but the pass wasn't within 10 yards of him. Result. INT and game.

Oh well. It only hurts until they show the pretty cheerleaders again. Lol!

Congrats gang on a hard-fought and well earned victory.

:)

Tidefan if I was Shula I would have run the ball more. We never really showed that we could stop the run consitently and I think some drives were wasted with passing plays. The other thing that stood out to me (it really didn't end up mattering) was that I thought Shula let too much time run of the clock on that last offensive drive. The clock just kept running and he didn't use the timeouts.

I really think Bama controlled the line on offense and defense.

Shula looked like he went brain dead on that last drive - no sense of urgency whatsoever.

I think Bama would have run more, but they had some mistakes that put them in bad down and distances and forced them to throw.

Seeing the Bama QB situation makes you realize how charmed we've been to have Ainge develop so quickly.

I really hated the call in the third quarter where we were on Bama's four-yard line on third down with two yards to go for a first down. What play is called? A pass! Of course, it was intercepted and we lost seven points. We could have out the game away right there. Instead, it was a fight to the very end. Geez! :blink:

Memphis, you're right on. Look, we're driving and FINALLY getting a push on the line. Run the ball to the left, try to pick up two, and if not, take the 3 pointer. I'll tell you that I'd have a lot more fingernails left if we had been up by 10 instead of 7 at that point.

Once again, don't put the young kids in a position to make mistakes if you don't have to. It really hurt to sustain such a well-executed drive only to end in a turnover.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Oct 24, 2004 6:56 PM
I don't blame Sanders for the play calling in this game.

Care to elaborate? Did you agree with the playcalling or do you blame Fulmer? Just curious.

Alot of the play calling really did suck,but we're not running the program.We better not look like this against South Carolina.

Originally posted by Jethro@Oct 23, 2004 6:40 PM
I agree horrible play calling. Too many runs up the middle. Wake up Sanders !!
You Dummy !!

How many times do you guys have to be reminded about profanity on the board?

:nono: Watch out Jethro,Mama's watching you.

Uh... it wasn't as much the play calling as the execution. Anyone watching the game I saw would have noticed that we had poor passes, dropped balls, our O-line getting blown up by 'bama's d-line, etc. Ainge had the wrong play on the 3rd and 2, should have been a fade to the corner - at worst an incomplete pass and FG, which is what we probably would have had to settle for if we ran it.

If Ainge had been on the money more than 50% of the time, which he wasn't, we would have won by at least 10.

Ainge is young, we new when the freshman were named starters that this season would be exciting if nothing else.

Bama played a good game, they are a fairly talented, highly motivated team and it was a nasty rivalry game.

VN Store

Back