Illinois Town Cancels July 4th Parade, as Other Parades Get Scheduled

Franklin Pierce

4a0c2f16-e9da-4d69-a22f-e426f2191c70-730x487.jpg

Real Clear Politics’ Tom Bevan, who is their co-founder and president, comes from Evanston, Illinois.

He recently posted a tweet about what is going on in his hometown, in terms of celebrations. While the town is holding a parade for Juneteenth today and another for Pride on June 26, he wrote, they are canceling their traditional July 4th parade and fireworks celebration.

Based on concern for public health due to the unpredictability of the pandemic’s impact, vaccination rates, and in cooperation with our local authorities, the Trustees of the Evanston Fourth of July Association voted to cancel the Fun Run, Parade, Palatine Concert Band performance and Lakefront Fireworks show on July 4, 2021.​
“However, we are committed to presenting safe, creative, community-building offerings with a virtual celebration,” they wrote.

Meanwhile, the Juneteenth Parade will be going off without a hitch, starting at 11 a.m. with two Grand Marshals, followed by an afternoon in the park with art, music, food, and celebration.

E4QoWFoXoAItPPY

Reactions: NorthDallas40

Real Clear Politics’ Tom Bevan, who is their co-founder and president, comes from Evanston, Illinois.

He recently posted a tweet about what is going on in his hometown, in terms of celebrations. While the town is holding a parade for Juneteenth today and another for Pride on June 26, he wrote, they are canceling their traditional July 4th parade and fireworks celebration.

Based on concern for public health due to the unpredictability of the pandemic’s impact, vaccination rates, and in cooperation with our local authorities, the Trustees of the Evanston Fourth of July Association voted to cancel the Fun Run, Parade, Palatine Concert Band performance and Lakefront Fireworks show on July 4, 2021.​
“However, we are committed to presenting safe, creative, community-building offerings with a virtual celebration,” they wrote.

Meanwhile, the Juneteenth Parade will be going off without a hitch, starting at 11 a.m. with two Grand Marshals, followed by an afternoon in the park with art, music, food, and celebration.

E4QoWFoXoAItPPY

Judging by the number of food vendors I'm guessing they are not planning on many people showing up so it's probably a safe "non-super spreader" event.

E4QoWFoXoAItPPY

Is this a gun-free zone?

IDK, but I just just noticed a few of the performers:
Beautiful Feet
Oxigen Da Poet
Da Public Speaka

Does anyone question the quality of the music?

Judging from that list, I'm sure the bullets will be firing at some stage....even if it's to scare Ole Oxigen off the stage.

IDK, but I just just noticed a few of the performers:
Beautiful Feet
Oxigen Da Poet
Da Public Speaka

Does anyone question the quality of the music?

Well music has Beautiful Feet and food has Jennifer’s Edibles. So I am questioning the quality of the town.

Reactions: VolStrom
Judging from that list, I'm sure the bullets will be firing at some stage....even if it's to scare Ole Oxigen off the stage.
Well Da Public Speaka does have 25 minutes whereas ole Oxigen only gets 15 and Drea cleans up with as much time as he wants. Dis gun be gud.

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back