In 2011, Tennessee may be 'back'?

Hayezb

Vols to the Wall
Sorry if I'm not allowed to do this, or if it's been posted already....

But if you go to ESPN College Football you'll see a story titled In 2011, Tennessee may be 'back'? at the bottom of the Headlines section...

Anybody with an insider account mind sharing the story?

Q: From @lambdinj -- What sort of impact can Tennessee make next year with a much softer schedule and a more experienced team?

A: I'd think it would have a chance to win eight games in the regular season, given the schedule easing up and the maturation of QB Tyler Bray and the O-line. Two of the Vols best receivers were seniors this season, but they have a lot of promising young wideouts, led by freshman Justin Hunter. Linebacker Nick Reveiz will be missed. He was the heart and soul of the defense and a real leader. Defensive end Chris Walker is another tough guy to replace on defense, but there is some good young talent there, especially in sophomore DB Janzen Jackson.

As for the schedule, they have trips to Arkansas, UF and Bama and all will be very tough. Georgia and South Carolina, which both should be better, have to come to UT. LSU visits Knoxville, too. Tennessee be favored in all four nonconference games with Montana, Cincy, Middle Tennessee State and Buffalo all coming to UT. If the Vols can win at UF, they figure to be 4-0 by the time UGA comes to town.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It dioesn't really state anything, Feldman just said that we could win 8 games...mentioned Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter as future bright spots...about it.

How would 8 wins constitute being 'back?' 8 wins may be acceptable next year, but it's still a mediocre season. I'll say we're back when we win 10 games in the regular season or a championship.

I wouldn't call 8 wins "back" for us.

How would 8 wins constitute being 'back?' 8 wins may be acceptable next year, but it's still a mediocre season. I'll say we're back when we win 10 games in the regular season or a championship.

:thumbsup:

Still calling 7 wins next year in the regular season.

Baby steps guys, we've seen Dooley start with what is basically a college version of an expansion team.

Am i the only one who doesnt think that next years schedule is easy. looks brutal to me. 8-4 and ill take it with a smile.

VN Store

Back