'25 IN SDE Mariyon Dye (Tennessee commit)

Pay Coach Chop.
“The relationship I built with Coach Chop and Coach Heup, that was two big things for me.”
“He keeps it real with you, he [Coach Chop] is like a father figure for sure, He isn’t always going to tell you everything is right. He is going to tell you what you are doing wrong, and that shows he cares. That is what really stood out to me. He really checks up on me and my family. It is not just about football. That was another big part for me too. It shows that he cares.”
-Dye
Senior Defensive Analyst Levorn “Chop” Harbin was key for the Vols down the stretch, as he helped the Vols outlast strong pushes from Ohio State and Purdue.
-AP

giphy.gif

Dye is a very violent, twitchy pass rusher with his hand in the dirt. When he begins his set as a standup rusher he can play a tad high at times, but he excels when his mass begins low and he can use his hands to quickly engage with the offensive tackle. He captures the edge quickly once he bats the tackle's hands down and captures the corner in a timely fashion, especially considering he's almost at 270 pounds.

He brings strength and a strong anchor on run downs, making several critical stops on third and short this past season. Tennessee hasn't signed an edge rusher with a ready-made frame like this in several cycles; Dye could play in several different defenses and find success. He might not wow with sacks totals and turnovers in college, but he projects to be a really strong addition on three downs for a front-seven among the top groups in college football.

Impact Analysis: What Does Mariyon Dye Bring To Tennessee?

VN Store

Back