Injury Updates

biggestvols

I haven't seen much about any injuries after the AP game. There were several players who were to be back from injury around the Western or Oregon games. Specifically, Riyahd Jones, Vereen, J. Smith and Magitt. Has there been any updates on these guys? I looked around a bit and couldn't find anything.

I think CBJ said near the end of his presser that there was no injuries.

Edit: Sorry didn`t read the post first. I can`t answer your question. I don`t know.

Last edited:
Maggitt and Smith will play Sat but will be limited. Vereen is scheduled for Oregon return. Jones has no date set could be a while.

Reactions: 3 people
Is that bad or good? I kinda wish Manziel would pull his jaw when he is running his mouth during the game.

UF QB Doug Johnson did a lot of trash talking in UF-UT games. Always pointing at the scoreboard if UF as ahead when he got blown up.

He's famous now, though -- The Doug Johnson Effect: Beware of high expectation for a part-time players who had a very good performance the previous season in only one or two games.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Football Outsiders Glossary

You want combo?

Anybody know what the deal is with Marcus Jackson? I thought he was pushing for first team reps but I dont remember seeing him in the game at all.

I heard Malcom Mitchell tore his acl. Anyone see that?

Yeah, weird. After Gurley's TD he just jumped a little in celebration and seemed like he came down wrong and slowly hobbled off the field out of view.
Georgia is gonna miss him.
GO VOLS

Anybody know what the deal is with Marcus Jackson? I thought he was pushing for first team reps but I dont remember seeing him in the game at all.

Word is that he is going to try to redshirt so he can have 2 more years of starting full time. Excellent if we can do it.

Word is that he is going to try to redshirt so he can have 2 more years of starting full time. Excellent if we can do it.

I agree. That would be an incredible move by the staff. Shoot I wish we could redshirt the entire line /sarcasm..but seriously.

Neither Jackson or Gilliam played in AP game but are on 2 deep for WK game. My guess they wanted to look at Pair and Posey

Anybody know why Dylan Wiesman didn't play Saturday? I thought he would be one of the first offensive linemen off the bench. I wonder if his knee wasn't 100% (as he hurt it during the open practice).

Go Vols!

Anybody know why Dylan Wiesman didn't play Saturday? I thought he would be one of the first offensive linemen off the bench. I wonder if his knee wasn't 100% (as he hurt it during the open practice).

Go Vols!

Butch said he was banged up, so he was a no go.

VN Store

Back