Instant Replay

RockyTop08

I heard it would be applied in bowl games but is that it.
i know the Big Ten has it but will every other conference have it this year?

Attachments

• DSC_5966.jpg
    DSC_5966.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
The SEC will use it in all of the conference games. I think the ACC is usin it but im not for sure on that.

Here's a link to the July 5 story by WBIR TV (Knoxville)

WBIR story

As for who's using it:

"The SEC will join the Pac-10, Big 12, Big East, Mountain West and Atlantic Coast conferences in using replay for 2005. " (USA Today)

My question is this: What in the world will ole Stevie be throwing his visor at now?

I think that is a great, great idea to have instant replay. I hope we do it like they do in basketball where they look at the monitor for only key calls and don't do the NFL's terrible way of doing it where they have to challenge calls with a flag and cost themselves a timeout.

The way the NFL does it is fine, the only problem in college football is pacing of the game. The clock is stopped for everything in college ball, and a system is needed to integrate instant replay without slowing down the game.

Originally posted by mattvols@Jul 8, 2005 11:40 AM
I hope we do it like they do in basketball where they look at the monitor for only key calls and don't do the NFL's terrible way of doing it where they have to challenge calls with a flag and cost themselves a timeout.
[snapback]111254[/snapback]​

As the story explains, there will be no "challenge" system or flags involved. A replay official upstairs will be in charge of all reviews, armed with a 9 screen view of the action.

If the SEC refs continue their horrible calling, it will be used every play

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 8, 2005 2:44 PM
If the SEC refs continue their horrible calling, it will be used every play
[snapback]111292[/snapback]​

They will never finish an ACC game then! :laugh1:

VN Store

Back