Is it the weather ?

rickyb712

big orange
It may be the heat or just that close to football time but i actually think that we will have a great year. I am 49 and have seen it all from the !st BCS champs ( VOLS ) to losing to Vandy and i think Butch is for real. I believe we will win the games we are suppose to and pull off 1 for sure and maybe 2 upsets. Oregon and Bama too strong but Florida Georgia and USC east we can compete with. With that said all that is left is GO VOLS

Reactions: 1 person
I'm down with that.

Gotta add tho...there isnt any team that we're "supposed" to lose to.

If any of our QBs can do 2/3 of what "Johnny Football" can do, I think we'll be productive on offense. If our DBs can at least cover people in open space and not make stupid mistakes, I think our defense will be competitive (considering our Dline and LBs). All in all, if the QB(?) and DBs can play SEC football, we should end the season with 7-8 wins and a bowl game - which would be huge considering.

I think this is a wildcard year. We have a great OL, but TONS of ?s on offense. On defense can't be any worse, but we also won't be fielding a BigXII shootout offense to keep us in games.

We could come out flat and struggle/lose to a team like WKU early. The team could get their feet under them and smack a team like SCar in the face. There's really no telling until we see our guys take the field.

The key to happiness is to set low expectations. My orange colored glasses are staring at me but I refuse to put them on yet. Improvement will suffice for me. Go Vols!

It may be the heat or just that close to football time but i actually think that we will have a great year. I am 49 and have seen it all from the !st BCS champs ( VOLS ) to losing to Vandy and i think Butch is for real. I believe we will win the games we are suppose to and pull off 1 for sure and maybe 2 upsets. Oregon and Bama too strong but Florida Georgia and USC east we can compete with. With that said all that is left is GO VOLS

I think we will have about as good a year as we can expect with this team. CBJ is great but he's not a miracle worker. I think 6-6 or 7-5 at best.

We have a lot of question marks on the team. What if Worley has a crazy year and Neal and lane show out and defense drastically improves. It could happen, the thing is we just don't know. On the other hand it could be the opposite. But crazier things have happened in football

The key to happiness is to set low expectations. My orange colored glasses are staring at me but I refuse to put them on yet. Improvement will suffice for me. Go Vols!

Lol. Sounds like my Vandy compadres. Be positive my man, you're a m'fing Vol.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we will have about as good a year as we can expect with this team. CBJ is great but he's not a miracle worker. I think 6-6 or 7-5 at best.

cbj first team has more talent than kiffs or cdd. kiff went 7 n 5 so anythibg less than that its a let down. imo

cbj first team has more talent than kiffs or cdd. kiff went 7 n 5 so anythibg less than that its a let down. imo

While you are probably correct that this team has more talent than either Kiff's or CDD's first teams, to presume that the record should be similar or better would also require a huge assumption. The huge assumption is that the schedule is exactly the same, with teams who are no more difficult or no more talented than the teams that those coaches faced.

In essence: I buy your first sentence completely. I also agree with your conclusion (7-5) but not your logic to get there.

The difference this year is with our conditioning, we will be winning games in the 4th quarter instead of letting games slip away.

I'm just ready for football. After June, the sports world is brutal. Other than baseball and golf, there's just not much on.

If any of our QBs can do 2/3 of what "Johnny Football" can do, I think we'll be productive on offense. If our DBs can at least cover people in open space and not make stupid mistakes, I think our defense will be competitive (considering our Dline and LBs). All in all, if the QB(?) and DBs can play SEC football, we should end the season with 7-8 wins and a bowl game - which would be huge considering.

If getting sent home from Manning camps is the missing 1/3, I'm good with that.:good!:

Us beating UF in foozball is like UF beating UT in bball; it aint gonna happen unless we're a lot better. Therefore forget about it.

:no:

I'll give you the comparison to Dooley's first team but I don't believe it's more talented that Kiffin's team. Right off the bat Kiffin had future NFL'ers Eric Berry, Montario Hardesty, big Dan Williams, Luke Stocker, etc.

Nobody expected TXAM to beat Bama last year either.

Things happen. Players sometimes come out of nowhere.

I think this is a wildcard year. We have a great OL, but TONS of ?s on offense. On defense can't be any worse, but we also won't be fielding a BigXII shootout offense to keep us in games.

We could come out flat and struggle/lose to a team like WKU early. The team could get their feet under them and smack a team like SCar in the face. There's really no telling until we see our guys take the field.

Following the staff and the team attitudes this off-season, and watching old footage of teams playing for CBJ in the past, I can't conceive of them coming out flat to start the season. This isn't Bray, Da'Rick and Dooley anymore.

:no:

I'll give you the comparison to Dooley's first team but I don't believe it's more talented that Kiffin's team. Right off the bat Kiffin had future NFL'ers Eric Berry, Montario Hardesty, big Dan Williams, Luke Stocker, etc.

however he had a terrible ol n the dl over all talent was no better. we have our own big dan that will play n nfl. other than berry the total team talent is pretty equal. n berry played out of position the whole year to support the run.

cbj has as much talent from a total roster bistandpoint imo thats why 7 wins is attainable.

Until he says why he was sent home, you can't provide an unbiased opinion on it.

It wasn't my intent to provide an unbiased opinion on it. I read the story, formed my own opinion and posted a comment based on that opinion. That's pretty much it. I may be right or I may be wrong. Time will tell.

VN Store

Back