is ut football really a powerhouse

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 13, 2005 8:28 PM
Please take this clown out someone
[snapback]103504[/snapback]​

I'm sure freak will deal with him whenever he gets here...

Lets see......

Strong Fanbase: Check
History of Success: Check
Conference Dominance: Check
National recruiting base: Check

Did I forget anything? :question:
:D

And the true test: an undefeated season nets a National Title! How's AU on that one?

they got screwed ut and we all know that.

but we had them beat in atlanta and the refs bent us over, so we shouldnt even be talking about this.

Can't we just leave last year's SEC Championship game in the past......I mean come on CC hit it right on the dot....the refs gave the game to Auburn pretty much so just let it be.....concentrate on this year cause last year has already been played.

without the two running backs auburn was lame.

plus our rbs outgained them. they just had more tds.

which half were like 1 and 2 yard runs. we had 10 different guys running the ball on the goal line. including the big dud jabari davis.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Jun 13, 2005 7:52 PM
they got screwed ut and we all know that.

but we had them beat in atlanta and the refs bent us over, so we shouldnt even be talking about this.
[snapback]103556[/snapback]​

Well, three major teams went undefeated, so one of them had to get the short end of the stick and in retrospect, shoulda been Auburn. But that is neither here nor there.

Yes, UT can currently be considered a national powerhouse.

they underacheived except in '98....they have a history of prevent defenses and giving up the big play late...huge yards after first contact, poor fundamental tackling, weak offensive lines, and a high school kicking game...im listening

You hit it perfect CC. I was watching that game with a friend of mine who loves Auburn and even he said that we got the short end of the stick from the refs. If I recall it correctly we had like 3 plays of 50+ yards called back on holding plays that could be called on every lineman every single play, plus every time our Def rose up stopped AUB on 3rd down the crooked refs would call some invisible Pass Interference play that even ESPN's announcers had to say didn't happen. It was the basketball equilivent of AUB shooting 50 free throws and us 2. I think the refs went into that game with the mindset that the best thing for the SEC would be for AUB to go undefeated and at least have the chance to play for the National Title. I got so mad watching the refs calling back Houstons 60+ yard TD run that I almost threw the remote through the TV and into the wall.

It's sort of like getting thrown out of a baseball game - you can yell at the umpire all you want, but there are some magic words that will get you run immediately.

Originally posted by dan4vols@Jun 13, 2005 10:35 PM
they underacheived except in '98....they have a history of prevent defenses and giving up the big play late...huge yards after first contact, poor fundamental tackling, weak offensive lines, and a high school kicking game...im listening
[snapback]103618[/snapback]​

I would like to know what dan not 4 vols calls a power house then. And exactly how many teams he thinks is a powerhouse right now, because you can count the # of teams that won more games than us in the last 15 years on one hand. Maybe dan not 4 vols should post on alabama.com or something. He probley thinks that they are still a power house.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jun 13, 2005 9:14 PM
It's sort of like getting thrown out of a baseball game - you can yell at the umpire all you want, but there are some magic words that will get you run immediately.
[snapback]103657[/snapback]​

It's just too bad you can't kick dirt at people over the internet.

Originally posted by dan4vols@Jun 13, 2005 10:35 PM
[snapback]103618[/snapback]​

What would you consider a powerhouse? One of the best records over the last 10-15 years, consistent 9-10 win seasons playing in arguably the best conference in the country, an abundance of players in the NFL, almost always have a top 10 recruiting class, fan base, game attendance, CPF has one of the best winning %'s in the nation, I could go on and on and on! How many schools in the country have a better overall package? VERY few.

VN Store

Back