It's Just Talk But Might Happen

With the exception of Florida, we beat who we were supposed to beat but didn’t beat anyone we were not supposed to beat; except Iowa.

Schedule gave us the winning record/season more than anything.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Two minute read is right. What a nothingburger of an article; just taking what On3 said in a one minute video clip about Tennessee, copying/pasting those words into print, then slap a few extra remarks on at the end and call it a day.

I don't begrudge anyone making a living but goodness, it's really low effort. On3 churns out videos day to day, covering all the programs. They say something about everyone so they get engagement and build metrics for advertising. And yeah, I know they're usually positive about Tennessee, and with good reason, but goodness gracious that really didn't warrant an "article" from AtoZ. I just ... I gotta laugh at it. It's so mindless.

Two minute read is right. What a nothingburger of an article; just taking what On3 said in a one minute video clip about Tennessee, copying/pasting those words into print, then slap a few extra remarks on at the end and call it a day.

I don't begrudge anyone making a living but goodness, it's really low effort. On3 churns out videos day to day, covering all the programs. They say something about everyone so they get engagement and build metrics for advertising. And yeah, I know they're usually positive about Tennessee, and with good reason, but goodness gracious that really didn't warrant an "article" from AtoZ. I just ... I gotta laugh at it. It's so mindless.
First time reading Zach? 😂

I’m kidding. I know what you mean. It’s the offseason. To be honest though the hard hitting journalism never really gets “in season” anymore.

You can’t take Zach seriously-it’s just a fanblog and he’s just a kid getting the clicks doing something he enjoys. - Pulitzer for journalism clearly not in the cards - but I’m sure he’s not too worried about that.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
With the exception of Florida, we beat who we were supposed to beat but didn’t beat anyone we were not supposed to beat; except Iowa.

We were favored against Iowa. I think we were like minus 5.5, which was basically free money if you watched Iowa play any this year.

We were favored against Iowa. I think we were like minus 5.5, which was basically free money if you watched Iowa play any this year.
Even better. Makes one wonder how much the success was due to CJH and his system versus the schedule.

I’ve thought he did right by letting Joe QB all year and save Nico. The question now is, could we have beaten Florida and Missouri with Nico and if so, would it have been worth it to burn his redshirt. Coach seems to know what he’s doing.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I think our offense will definitely be better. Will we lead the nation in yards and scoring again? I highly doubt it. And it’s not because we can’t. I just think there will be other offenses that will be more explosive.

I am really looking forward to this season!!!

When could you not make that argument for anyone? You work overtime trying to poo-poo positive statements. Why?

I think our offense will definitely be better. Will we lead the nation in yards and scoring again? I highly doubt it. And it’s not because we can’t. I just think there will be other offenses that will be more explosive.

I am really looking forward to this season!!!
I honestly think radio communication will be a major advantage for Heupel. Some already say he's a chess player in playcalling and always several moves ahead.

Leading the nation like you indicate is a function of both our O and the Ds they play against. There are some really good Os out there that play a bunch of chumps.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Even better. Makes one wonder how much the success was due to CJH and his system versus the schedule.

I’ve thought he did right by letting Joe QB all year and save Nico. The question now is, could we have beaten Florida and Missouri with Nico and if so, would it have been worth it to burn his redshirt. Coach seems to know what he’s doing.
Unless Nico simply was not ready and needed to protect his development, I don't get the red shirt. If he is what most think, he's not staying 5 yrs. I'm not going to even guess whether he should have started or not but you would have to think getting him as many game snaps as possible would have been beneficial.

Unless Nico simply was not ready and needed to protect his development, I don't get the red shirt. If he is what most think, he's not staying 5 yrs. I'm not going to even guess whether he should have started or not but you would have to think getting him as many game snaps as possible would have been beneficial.
You know, I’m in total and complete agreement with you. I have reasoned that CJH was being loyal to Joe, for one and two, may have thought with the schedule may have felt it was a throw away year. If so, then not burn Nico’s redshirt or chance hurting him if he felt an SECC run was not in the cards.

However, I am just postulating as I have no real idea.

VN Store

Back