It's official. Who's with me?

lawgator1

I changed my voter registration to Independent. Reasons:

1) I find myself unable to agree with either party on what I would describe as at least half their platform.

2) I am fiscally conservative and think the Dem party is out of touch with the need to reform spending. Not that the GOP has been a whole lot better, but at least they have a willingness to address it.

3) I am socially liberal and think the GOP is extremely out of touch with reality on this. On the flip side, seems to me the Dem party apparatus is largely using those society might view as outcast or lesser, to virtue signal and its insincere.

4) I have not voted FOR a Presidential candidate in many cycles.

5) I have not voted FOR a gubernatorial candidate in I can't remember how long.

6) Party politics is exacting too great a toll on the country. Too much identity politics, too much us vs. them. Not enough us and we.

7) I grew up in a Dem household but even in their later years my parents were getting fed up with the same things I was.

8) Florida is a closed primary state and so this takes me out of voting in the primaries. But that has not mattered in a long time.

So that's it. The electronic paperwork is in. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Trump, that has not changed. But I can't abide Harris much, either.

Good luck to all on your own decisions, and follow your conscience, be it middle, left, extreme left, right, or extreme right.

I changed my voter registration to Independent. Reasons:

1) I find myself unable to agree with either party on what I would describe as at least half their platform.

2) I am fiscally conservative and think the Dem party is out of touch with the need to reform spending. Not that the GOP has been a whole lot better, but at least they have a willingness to address it.

3) I am socially liberal and think the GOP is extremely out of touch with reality on this. On the flip side, seems to me the Dem party apparatus is largely using those society might view as outcast or lesser, to virtue signal and its insincere.

4) I have not voted FOR a Presidential candidate in many cycles.

5) I have not voted FOR a gubernatorial candidate in I can't remember how long.

6) Party politics is exacting too great a toll on the country. Too much identity politics, too much us vs. them. Not enough us and we.

7) I grew up in a Dem household but even in their later years my parents were getting fed up with the same things I was.

8) Florida is a closed primary state and so this takes me out of voting in the primaries. But that has not mattered in a long time.

So that's it. The electronic paperwork is in. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Trump, that has not changed. But I can't abide Harris much, either.

Good luck to all on your own decisions, and follow your conscience, be it middle, left, extreme left, right, or extreme right.

👀

No, but as I say the main point, and perhaps lost in my own reasoning, is that party politics is really counterproductive to the point it needs to be reexamined, individually and collectively.
OK.

I may be wrong on this, but apart from the most extreme partisans who post, just about everybody else here already held that opinion.

OK.

I may be wrong on this, but apart from the most extreme partisans who post, just about everybody else here already held that opinion.

Speaking from my own perspective I've been a registered Dem for over 40 years. If I've had enough, and if there are GOPers who have also had enough, maybe the tide is turning against standard politics.

You could have summed your position up as both political parties are Dookie!

Or excrement if you prefer to "keep it classy".

Reactions: lawgator1 and McDad
Speaking from my own perspective I've been a registered Dem for over 40 years. If I've had enough, and if there are GOPers who have also had enough, maybe the tide is turning against standard politics.
It's possible. You're sick of the candidates. I'm sick of the direction of the country. We aren't really the same.

I'm cynical the tide is turning.

Special Lutheran press conference set for 9:15 p.m. Saturday July 27 immediately following an encore performance of President Biden reading his farewell address and trying to nail the "Winter Apparel" line this time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back