Jabari Small appreciation

Other_Guy

foolishFool
He will go down as one of my favorite players of the early Huepel era.
A dude that simply produced even when everyone saw that he was becoming the 3rd best back (not his fault). Maybe I missed something but I've never once heard complains about playing time or spotlight.
Early on Wright had a few fumbles and wasn't as solid in pass pro and Sampson had to grow up as well... and whenever I saw Small in the game I felt safe and knew he was going to run his freaking butt off.
I don't think anyone here under appreciates him but we will definitely look back and be reminded of how crucial of a player he was these last 3 years when healthy. He could've transferred for more playing time instead we got a 3 headed monster most of the time.
Good luck in the NFL, sir. You won't be forgotten.

GCh_FK_WoAAieDd

Best of luck young man and I will always remember you as a class act. Excellent back that was always giving you all for Tennessee. Hope you make it big in the NFL..............prayers for your success !!!

Reactions: Ratvol
Whenever he touched the ball, you knew for sure he was going to give you his all.
i loved his dedication and his ability to run strong. Great pass catcher also.
He will be missed.

Go VOLS

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Had him on my podcast last year. Such a good dude! I think he’s got a future in the league.

Reactions: A.J.
Dude played tough, blocked big LBers on blitzes, ran tough with a bum shoulder much of the time. I wish him nothing but great success whatever he decides to do.

Reactions: Lars
Wright and Small have been quite the duo. I loved watching both of them tote the rock. Good luck to both of them at the next level. I think both have what it takes to succeed at the pro level.

A dude that simply produced even when everyone saw that he was becoming the 3rd best back (not his fault). Maybe I missed something but I've never once heard complains about playing time or spotlight.
Early on Wright had a few fumbles and wasn't as solid in pass pro and Sampson had to grow up as well... and whenever I saw Small in the game I felt safe and knew he was going to run his freaking butt off.
I don't think anyone here under appreciates him but we will definitely look back and be reminded of how crucial of a player he was these last 3 years when healthy. He could've transferred for more playing time instead we got a 3 headed monster most of the time.
Very well said. I do know some who are so excited about Sampson that they under appreciate what a workhorse Small was. He wasn't the strongest or the fastest but some of my favorite backs at Tennessee weren't either. They were just a beast. Ground and pound. He's got over 2000 well earned yards in his time here and is definitely a hard nosed VFL. You'll never read this Jabari but you will definitely be missed!

Could have bolted in 2020 like so many others did but stayed. He was so dependable last year in the red zone with his 13 touchdowns. Really smart guy who made a lot of academic honor rolls. VFL. Hope he makes a lot of money in the nfl.
Yes, it appears Jabari wasn't talking $$$ like the others. They were forced to leave it appears. He was not a high rated prospect. Just a worker who made himself better. VFL

Reactions: Other_Guy
I seem to remember talk of Small's recruitment as a package deal for another player. I do not even remember who the other player was, but I will always remember Jabari Small. He was definitely an impact player. Thanks to him for every moment. I know that good wishes will follow him the rest of his days.

Surprised he and Joe are seeing NFL opps, but kind of not at the same time. I hope both of these guys do well as they are both talented, dedicated, team oriented guys that have benefitted our program.

Reactions: ReelfootVol

VN Store

Back