Jalin Hyatt backs UT on NIL

Thats really interesting evidence, but makes me really proud of UT. Like, it would have been easy to tell him a number to get him to come back, but they didn't.

It also shows the failure of the system, because Hyatt is right. How could he make a financially responsible decision not knowing what staying vs leaving could profit/cost him? It didn't help the student athlete.

But UT followed the rules there, and that's awesome.

I am perfectly willing to believe Hyatt's story, but at the same time, I'm also perfectly willing to believe that Hyatt said to himself "15 touchdowns, 1250 yards, won the Biletnikoff, and Hendo's headed to the league -- yeaaaaahhh I'm good, y'all."

Thats really interesting evidence, but makes me really proud of UT. Like, it would have been easy to tell him a number to get him to come back, but they didn't.

It also shows the failure of the system, because Hyatt is right. How could he make a financially responsible decision not knowing what staying vs leaving could profit/cost him? It didn't help the student athlete.

He just made the AGs case…

Yea, it's kind of bitter sweet

Interesting. Am I crazy or does this almost read like we were encouraging Hyatt to turn pro?
IMO, there was never a doubt he'd go pro. Appreciate his comments, but there was absolutely no reason for him to return. None. Not a chance he'd duplicate those numbers with Milton at QB. Nice thoughts and comments, but nah, that was never gonna happen.

What are we saying here--that college football should compete for players with the NFL? That seems to be what some think.
I mean, it's certainly getting to the point where it has to be called something other than //college// football. Hey, it certainly could look
like a ridiculously good situation for various players: You get a free (four year) college education, plus NIL money and maybe other pay as well. The veneer of college over a professional sport. Meanwhile, if you're a non-revenue student-athlete, you're working just as hard, maybe just as talented--but not even getting a full scholarship, much less all of the other largess. Ridiculous is my word for the evolving state of "college" football.

Love Hyatt. Great news. But it makes me wonder, why is it that we didn’t give him a good NIL deal to come back? Wonder what the season would have looked like with a healthy Hyatt??

VN Store

Back