Jersey curse?

Atreus21

Do you guys have a perceived curse of a certain color jersey? For instance, I've noticed most of my fellow fans think we play better in our white jerseys than our purple jerseys. Interestingly, tho, when we play big games in our purple jerseys, we tend to win. We wore purple in the SECCG in 2001. Although, we also wore purple when we lost to UAB in 2000. Hats off to 'em. Those were the Josh Booty days... :banghead: :bad: :gun: :yuck:

So you guys like the white or the orange jerseys? I like the whites better, myself.

I know some were superstitous about wearing all orange (pants and jerseys). I can't remember where that started but I know the last time we wore it we almost lost to Memphis at home........haven't seen it since and may not see it again.

I thought our throwbacks from last season against UNLV were awesome, too.

But it was a behootch to try and have the NCAA allow them, from what I remember.

ainge-tinsley_4217-lg.jpg

As long as the orange shoes are gone, I'm happy. I swear those shoes make it look like our players are all flat footed when they run.

I gotta post one more of Brentley...

schaeffer_6587-lg.jpg

He made UNLV absolutely ridiculous that night. Anybody else remember the SportsCenter highlight where they counted how many guys he juked out at once? That was awesome.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 7, 2005 1:34 AM
I gotta post one more of Brentley...

schaeffer_6587-lg.jpg

He made UNLV absolutely ridiculous that night. Anybody else remember the SportsCenter highlight where they counted how many guys he juked out at once? That was awesome.
[snapback]123079[/snapback]​

That's about one of the only times I can ever remember sportscenter showing a UT clip and saying something good. :angel:

I'll bet you if Brent turned out good, we would have a lot more positive press from ESPN.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 7, 2005 1:37 AM
I'll bet you if Brent turned out good, we would have a lot more positive press from ESPN.
[snapback]123087[/snapback]​

I would say that you're right, but I expect some good ones this season anyway... :thumbsup:

Maybe. ESPN's just looking for a little flair. If Ainge or Riggs tear it up, then I'd expect some good press.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 7, 2005 1:41 AM
Maybe. ESPN's just looking for a little flair.
[snapback]123092[/snapback]​

Shhhhhhh don't get GaVol all excited about Flair....... :dlol:

im only 15 but i have noticed that espn is always hatin on us in some shape, form, or fashion. what did we ever do to them??

Oh there are so many things that we just do to make everyone mad. I really can't begin to name it all. Lets just say that we help make lee corso and kirk look pretty dumb in what was it 01 when we beat the gators in the swamp. I remeber that night so well. Hot dogs on the grill at my gramps house in NC. They were predicting a ut loss by 30 or 40. Then when we heard that tennessee had tore apart the room the were watching it in we new we were in for a good game. oh man those were the days.

I to loved the throw backs. But never cared for the orange stripe on the white jersey to match the striped pants.

I liked the orange on orange as a 1 off throwback but no one wants that again since the memphis game.

Doesnt LSU now wear white at home?

Man, that run was sweet. I thought we might see big things from Brent after I saw that play.

That run was the SportsCenter highlight one. Turns out UNLV was overrated and Brent had a tougher time scrambling... But it was a fun game to watch. It was the night my love for the Vols started.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 7, 2005 1:41 AM
Maybe. ESPN's just looking for a little flair. If Ainge or Riggs tear it up, then I'd expect some good press.
[snapback]123092[/snapback]​

Oh yeah like they should be doing good with all the inmates they have.

ESPN is sorry

So is South Carolina, but Steve Spurrier stirs things up. If you want respect from ESPN, you have to have style points. I'm 100% against style in place of substance, but hey, if Ainge and our WR's play up to the hype that they're getting on this site, I think we've got a good season to look forward to and we can look forward to getting more than the usual amount of the national spotlight. Love them or hate the, more attention from ESPN equates to higher rankings.

Originally posted by allvol@15@Aug 7, 2005 12:44 AM
im only 15 but i have noticed that espn is always hatin on us in some shape, form, or fashion. what did we ever do to them??

[snapback]123097[/snapback]​

Fowler and co practically begged everyone to vote for Woodson for the stupid heisman in 97. After Woodson won it, and many UT fans voiced their displeasure, Fowler referred to us as trailer park trash or something like that (I do remember there was a trailer park reference). I think he may have gotten a few death threats the next time they did gameday in K-town

I would love to see more big orange on the road games, and orange pants with white jerseys would be add more orange. But, just like LIO says I just want the win.

Gunner

:gun:

We can wear whatever jersey's we want when we are at home. The NCAA wouldn't allow us to wear the throwbacks in the cotton bowl because A&M was the Home team and decided to wear the dark colors and the NCAA deemed that the orange shoulders would confuse views and or officials as to which team was in "white" and playing as the road team. It sucked too, because Tennessee had already paid for all the throwbacks to have the Cotton Bowl logos stitched onto them and we couldn't wear them.

Hamilton has said we will wear the throwbacks from time to time, but it will probably have to be at home, or when we are a home bolw or SEC CG team.

This year's jerseys are different by the way. The players numbers and names are going to be stiched on instead of screened. Then of course there is the black shoes.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Aug 7, 2005 12:25 AM
Do you guys have a perceived curse of a certain color jersey?  For instance, I've noticed most of my fellow fans think we play better in our white jerseys than our purple jerseys.  Interestingly, tho, when we play big games in our purple jerseys, we tend to win.  We wore purple in the SECCG in 2001.  Although, we also wore purple when we lost to UAB in 2000.  Hats off to 'em.  Those were the Josh Booty days... :banghead:  :bad:  :gun:  :yuck:

So you guys like the white or the orange jerseys?  I like the whites better, myself.
[snapback]123066[/snapback]​

So are you guys wearing white this year when we visit? I think you did in '00, the last time we came down for a friendly visit. Kind of weird for us to wear orange on the road, but cool all in the same.

VN Store

Back