Jesse Mahelona

Probably our best chance for a Vol to bring back the Outland Hardware since Big John Henderson did it in 2001.

I would think he's one of -- if not the favorite -- to win it.

agreed he amazed me with his expolsiveness off the ball, but his quickness for his size kept blockers off the linebackers....hes a certain NFL nosetackle

He reminds me of a bulldog that is always going after peoples feet. He always gets in there low and wraps up the ankles.

i was suprised he came back for his senior year. i thought he would have been gone after this year.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 25, 2005 3:07 PM
i was suprised he came back for his senior year. i thought he would have been gone after this year.

Yeah, but he has only played 1 year for us.

yeah but i just thought he might have left. he had such a good year. well i say after the year he has this time then he will be a top 10 draft pick next year.

If Jesse is going to win to win the outland trophy the rest of the defensive line must be strong contributors. He is and amazing tackle with a nose for the football, but if other teams can afford to double and triple team him then his chances will be diminished. Technically he had a little trouble with the double team last year. I am looking forward to seeing what Demonte Bolden and Turk McBride can do.

If he does win the Outland it will mean that UTs defense is stiffling.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Jan 25, 2005 5:44 PM
I heard that Mcbride is suspended. Hopefully he'll be back next season.

are you sure you arent think tony mcdaniels?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 25, 2005 2:26 PM
He reminds me of a bulldog that is always going after peoples feet. He always gets in there low and wraps up the ankles.

Mahelona is truly amazing. I think you could even say . . .

His motor never stops running.

Pollack? What?

Mahelona is the new defensive force in the SEC! Gawja ain't got nothin' on Tennessee!

That would be nice to see Mahelona win it...He's awesome....At the same time though, what do you all think about Parys Haralson maybe having a chance at it? He's a very good player as well...I think within the next couple of years our defense is going to be awesome if everyone stays healthy

Attachments

• riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back