Jimmy Hyams on the radio

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
On Sportstalk today Jimmy Hyams said that he thought Tennessee would get 20 wins next year. Brent Hubbs was on as well but thought that unless some leaders emerged then we would probably be around .500 in the league (same as this year).

Honest to God...Who really cares. Football practice starts today and Bristol is next weekend. Thank goodness.

Well, during all this craziness, I figured out a way to save the University millions of dollars...

1) never again hire a guys' head coach
2) buy out Buzz and send him packing
3) give Pat a $500K payraise
a) Pat would be in charge of both teams and coach thru her assistants

Couldn't hurt!

I think we should go steal Bobby Knight from Texas Tech. Let's pay him double what he is making now. I guarantee he would make the tourney next year and people would be coming out to watch us.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 19, 2004 7:15 PM
I think we should go steal Bobby Knight from Texas Tech. Let's pay him double what he is making now. I guarantee he would make the tourney next year and people would be coming out to watch us.

with the cupcakes on the team he would be down to asking for Volunteers from the audience by the time the SEC schedule rolled around if not before.........Hyams & Wilkerson both seem to have some lofty goals, but Hubbs is typically right on top of the predictions.........

I agree about Hubbs. Unless Buter, Patterson, Howell, or Harris can make a big impact it's hard to imagine the team being much better next year.

I don't listen to Hyams much but I thought he was usually pretty realistic.

VN Store

Back